NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 07:29 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Ankle! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Crazy_Goblin_GirlOffline
Post subject: Morg'th...what features define him???  PostPosted: Mar 31, 2005 - 01:27 AM

Okay... call me crazy... (it's in the name anyhow) Wink ...but I'm scratchbuilding a Morg'th to go with my Zy-Nox. However there's a few different models and some confusion over which ones are based on Morg'th (The Balista) and which are from Borg'th (The Howitzer)... personally I think they've been combined a little.

So anyhow... I'd like some comments from folks on what exactly are Morg'ths defining physical characteristics... so I can consider what exactly to put on this model and hopefully make him what he should be.

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2005 - 10:25 AM

Undisclosed
ST6 - he needs to look harder than your average Ogre (imo of course).

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2005 - 01:00 PM

United States of America
Thick Skull, Mighty Blow, Throw TeamMate, Block, Pro, Strip Ball, Sprint, Piling On, Leader, +1 ST, Magic Helmet, Bonehead

Skills from his Chaos All-Stars days listed above...

I would say a cool helmet, a nice tattoos of a chaos symbol, and some form of reference to his nickname 'The Balista' are in order...

It's hard to say, but based on how Zy-nox turned out I can't wait to see what you come up with!

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

DarkDancer17Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2005 - 05:14 PM

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
*nods nods*

I'd almost wonder if you do commission conversions! *chuckles*

I am horrible with the putty. Smile

juck101Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2005 - 03:44 AM

England
think the name reference is just lost over time... he has always played for chaos all stars and called morg something or other. The borg background was his brother ifrc from first edition.

He is hard, great overall player and a legend. Think Pele, Joe montana, elvis type quality. Larger than life should do the trick

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2005 - 03:56 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
I could be getting mixed up but wasn't Borg more of a blocker, while Morg was a runner/blitzer?

fuzzy_spiralOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2005 - 03:58 AM

Nope.. Morg was the blocker in the old rules, and Borg was a blitzer.
They where rivals, not brothers.. Morg's Brother was G'runnk who was in a NAF fact box and was mentioned attending a Norse college or something.

Going back to 2nd ed which is what this team is based on, and not that 3rd ed rubbish fig.

Morg's key traits in my view.. Really TALL, Mohawk, NO.. and I repeat NO fist spike (that was Borg, Morg didn't need one) No Helmet, in fact where is this helmet thing coming from? Someone at GW didn't say he had a magic helmet to justify his armour 10 surely. Considering armour is listed as including agility and toughness, I don't think you need anything other than the fact Morg is just tough as nails to justify his armour 10.

that's all I can think of at the mo.

"I can't believe it Jim, I didn't think the Darkside Sirens would be able to find that much elastic from their protection cups!" "Looks like they have Bob, and now they seem to be throttling the Ratz front line with it"

TorporOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2005 - 02:07 PM

Undisclosed
From the 2nd Edition Blood Bowl Handbook p35

Quote:
Morg'th N'hthrog
Chaos Allstars

For all their bizarre magic and weird rites, the Chaos All-Stars are very popular with the Blood Bowl-watching public. This popularity is due, at least in part, to the success of their hulk-like Ogre blocker, Morg'th N'hthrog. Morg'th or 'The Ballista' as tongue-tied commentators have nicknamed him, is a huge, lumbering juggernaut of a player. With his half-shaven head and grim, tusky visage he looks very frightening, but - off the field - he's as gentle as a lamb and a great hit with children. As a result of his award-winning series of road safety adverts, accidents have been cut by more than a quarter, and he's sold more soft toilet paper than anyone in history!

On the Blood Bowl field, though, Morg'th is the accident; at least, he always leaves the objects of his tackles looking like they've been in a road smash! His play tactics are effective in their simplicity - either he bludgeons his way through the opposition and scores, trampling everyone in his way; or he gives the ball to one of his Lesser Goblin team-mates and throws them into the End Zone to score!

Club historians still aren't quite sure where Morg'th came from; legend has always had it that he simply walked into a practice session one day and signed himself up. Wherever he came from, he was a natural Chaos All-Stars player, being both calculating and cruel, and blessed with a brutal-looking exterior. He's always been very shy of revealing details of his personal history to sports reporters, and has been known to demonstrate his shyness to the more irritating of them. Incidentally, Morg'th is the only player in the history of the game to be elected to the Hall of Fame before he has retired from the game; see page 18 on the Chaos All-Stars for the interesting method he used to achieve this honour.

Height: 7 ft 11 in
Weight: 390 lbs
College: None
Crush: none; simply 'arrived', 2469
Teams: Chaos All-Stars
Position: Blocker; team captain

Best Game: 2473, against Icecastle Wolves
Rushing 72 paces, 1 Touchdown, 176 fatalities (including 13 wolves)
Best Season: 2482, first season as team captain
Total rushing 402 paces, 19 Touchdowns, 208 fatalities
Career Totals: Rushing 2322 paces, passing 12 paces, 27 touchdowns, 512 fatalities
Awards: Services to Organ Transplants Medal 2479
Anti-violence Watchdog Comittee Worst Tackle of the Year 2479, 2480, 2485, 2486
NFC Player of the Year 2485
Chaos Cup winners medal 2471, 2487

And from the Chaos All-Stars listing on page 18 of the same book

Quote:

Star player, the hulking Morg'th N'hthrog, manages to 'persuade' NAF boss Nick Three-Horn to admit him to the Hall of Fame before he retires, using only a pencil sharpener, three carrots and a small desk lamp. This year, Morg'th still leads the team, who are on course to win their 12th Chaos Cup title

Morg'th doesn't have a fist spike from the pictures in 2nd Ed, a freebooter by the name of M'gorg'gn'throg does (early WD article). Morg'th in his pictures has a mohawk, a large shoulderpad on his left shoulder, an armoured right arm, metal spikes along the straps around his body, mostly bare legs, loin cloth or ripped apart trousers (?) and boots.

Borg'th N'hthrog "The Howitzer" is someone similar in appearance in 2nd Edition, but is a freebooter blocker who has the number 1. Borg'th is only 7 ft 9 in/375 lbs and has far better passing stats than Morg'th. He too has a mohawk, but wears more spikes (though no fist spike either) and has a blue chevron on his face.

The usual GW disclaimers apply.
edited once to point out the lack of a fist spike on Borg'th

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic