NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 08:50 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Who remembers Dirty Player? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dvuckovichOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 16, 2005 - 07:57 AM

Just a reminder, less than a month away......There are 225 people already registered for AdeptiCon 2005. We are hoping to get more people for AdeptiCup....

AdeptiCon 2005 (April 1-3, 2005)
www.adepticon.org

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
50 N Martingale Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173

BloodBowl Tournament
Saturday April 2, 2005
7PM ??? 2AM

NAF Sanctioned
Open to NAF and non NAF members.

Available Spots: 36
Fee: AdeptiCon 2005 Entry Badge and $10 for ADEPTICUP Tournament

All the rules can be found at www.adepticon.org under Saturday Events.

dean v.

Reply with quote Back to top
MightyZugOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2005 - 03:48 AM

United States of America

Are there still spots open?
I'd like to play this weekend, I'd come down from Madison, WI.

dvuckovichOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 31, 2005 - 07:05 AM

Yes there are still spots available, online registration closes today at 5:00PM. You can register at www.adepticon.org

This is the biggest AdeptiCon to date....there are over 325 registered players for the entire weekend.....

Also, dont forget its time change this weekend.

dean v.

MightyZugOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2005 - 02:56 AM

United States of America

It was fun playing the Dark Elves and Pro Elves, I now am afraid of humans...

I truly appreciate the opportunity to play Blood Bowl and want to thank Adepticon for having us.

I was disappointed that the Blood Bowl was relagated to what I will refer to as "timeslot of death." Starting after hours so to speak and competing with the bits exchange and general player downtime.

I think at times that Blood Bowl is scheduled after Fantasy or 40k because the thought is pervasive that Blood Bowl players are Fantasy or 40k players first. I would like this myth to be squashed, kinda like my Woodies were against the Humans.

Did any Blood Bowl coaches in the tournament play 40k or Fantasy? Rather, I believe many coaches actively AVOIDED the tournament because of the time slot and the fact that it seemed to be just a couple of games and not a full scale legitimate tourney.

I would like to see a two-day Blood Bowl tourny starting in the morning on both Sat. and Sun. In this format we would have played four games on Sat. and three Sun. Every coach would have played every other coach.

It was fun, but let's figure out how to make it great next year!
MightyZug

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2005 - 11:33 AM

United States of America
Hey Mightyzug, we had an awesome game (I had my darkside cowboys!)....I can't believe our two elf teams tied at 0-0!!! We suck! Smile

Last edited by Jonny_P on Apr 17, 2006 - 10:52 AM; edited 1 time in total

MightyZugOffline
Post subject: Game Report  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2005 - 01:04 AM

United States of America

Game One vs. Dark Elves:

"That witch elf is a Bit@#." This was absolutely one of the "most funner" games of Blood Bowl I've ever played. Two cocky teams full of phenomenal athletes, if not necessarily ballplayers, and we couldn't manage a freakin' score but still had a blast. Both coaches were gettin' nervous as Buggman's was runnin' a game special where fans could get a buy one get one free after TD #1, buy one get two free after TD #2, etc. (This seemed like a very transparant attempt to increase pitch invasions in an otherwise non-partisan tournament crowd). Well, as we were both unable to score the crowd was turning ugly. Fortunately the match was called long before regulation and both teams were able to egress before the fans could properly organize.

Overall there were some fantastic plays by both bunches o' elves but these teams showed that once again Blood Bowl is not played on paper, these players were just not ready for the Big Time. I would like to say that incredible defense dominated both sides of the pitch, but I think it would probably be more true to admit that the talant level of the elves in this years' tourny just wasn't what we've been used to. One Wood-Elf, Thorien L'Aastiq, has already had to move to a different part of the forest as the dryads, treeman, and other Woodelves were relentless in their criticism of his tripping over his own feet attempting to prance into the end zone...

Game 2 vs. "Pro Elves?":

Well, for starters the game was interesting in that it exposed some "liberties" shall we say that were made on my Head Coach's resume. He hadn't even ever HEARD OF the pro elf team and really didn't have a coherent game plan. I've received a lot of criticism around the forest for hiring a Gobbo' coach in the first place, and while I defend the initiial hiring I acknowledge my mistake and anyone can stop by to observe the litttle fella' (or pay their respects) as he's strung up on the main Oak.

This was a fantastic game that the Woodies were lucky to win. I do want to step on the soapbox for a minute and again defend the unorthodox hiring of the gobbo' as his quick decision, in the second half, to bribe the scoreboard operator thus ending regulation. Clearly there was a lot of time remaining, and this great bit o' coachin' secured the match. This kind of thinking outside the box was exactly what I was lookin' for when I made the hire. I kinda feel bad now that I lynched the little fella' but what the hell he was just a gobbo'.

Game 3 vs. Humans:

Again the greenskin really showed his mettle as he positioned the Wood Elves to recover from casualty after casualty. Playing short handed and gettin' the snotlings knocked out of us could have led to a blowout. The greatest compliment I can make the dead little fella' is that he kept us in the game and we certainly had our chances. We very easily could have tied this game or perhaps even won had the ballcarriers focused a bit more on fundamentals. Again, one of the things I was lookin' for in hiring a gobbo' coach is someone who wasn't going to tolerate the showboatin' with the ball, and needless acrobatics where a vanilla run it in TD can be had. The little guy kept what could have been a massacre from gettin' out of had, and we had our chances. I'm wishin' right now that I hadn't had so much fermented tree sap and off'd the little fella as in sober reflection he was a helluva coach, but whaddya gonna do...

CervidalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2005 - 07:46 AM

Yo MZ!

I'm glad I got to run into you again. Maybe I'll get my book back at some point, even.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic