NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 12:33 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Blood Bowl is a rough sport, people get hurt! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SunDancerOffline
Post subject: Orcs vs Dwarves  PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 09:05 AM

Germany
Ok, It seems that my next match will be against a team of dwarves with

- 7 Linemen
- 2 Runners
- 2 Blitzers
- 2 Troll Slayers

My team:

- 2 Black Orc Blocker
- 3 Blitzer
- 6 Linemen
- 3 Gobbos
- 1 Thrower

It's the last game in a league and it fighting over who will be last... I don't really care if I win or not I just want do kill a many dwarves as possible. [That'll get me an extra award! *g*] Who should I try and kill first?

Or is there someone who _really_ thinks that I could win? ;)

[The league is to be found at http://www.ewetel.net/~sascha.konrad/bloodbowl/ and it's the Rioting, Green and Mean Wussyeaters (me) against BGM Felsenfresser (da otha one)]

regards!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 09:32 AM

If you're hellbent on this strategy, foul his AG 3 players with your Dirty Player. (assuming you have one) If you're able to whittle Dwarves down to two players on the pitch with 3 AG, things get a whole lot easier.

-Oscar Wilde

SunDancerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 10:36 AM

Germany
      skummy wrote:
If you're hellbent on this strategy, foul his AG 3 players with your Dirty Player. (assuming you have one) If you're able to whittle Dwarves down to two players on the pitch with 3 AG, things get a whole lot easier.

I don't have a Dirty Player [yet]. Why is it so importend to get rid of the AG3 first? [Yes, I'm relatively new to BB *g*]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 01:37 PM

Dwarf teams are unusual in Blood Bowl because they have an unusually low number of players with 3 agility. Only 4 players on the team are reliably able to pick up the ball and threaten a score.

As a result of this, you can often stall out a Dwarven offence if you can take them off the pitch. With fewer scoring threats, you can put players in their way. Dwarves don't have the movement to get around your defence while staying caged, so you can string them out and hit the ballcarrier.

-Oscar Wilde

Krag_IronwoodOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 16, 2003 - 05:09 AM

Being a Dwarven coach I can say that the main weakness of a Dwarf team is their low movement. if I was ever to fight them I would personally try and cripple the runners first and then the blitzers purely because they are my highest MA team members with a runner's MA of 6, Blitzer's MA of 5. Both of them have AG 3 however the runner has more chance of getting the ball with sure hands skill. He also has the weaker armour with it being 8 instead of 9.

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2003 - 05:46 AM

Against Dwarfs it's all about fouling. And change 2 blitzers into an Ogre and a 4th Goblin! 4 Goblins can foul the pants of anybody and the Ogre's Mighty Blow is very handy for squatting any Dwarf within reach. 3 blitzers is just plain useless. Furthermore, get the runners first! They're annoying. Troll Slayers can be dealt with by any Line-Orc, just keep your Ogre out of their reach.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic