NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 03:23 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Pinched Nerve! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BronzeDragonOffline
Post subject: Origins?  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2005 - 08:20 PM

United States of America
Hi. I see there's a big tourney at GenCon. Is anyone organizing one for Origins?

Cordially,

Eric
Pittsburgh

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2005 - 09:43 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
Guess not
http://www.bloodbowl.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2292

nyghtmareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 - 04:13 PM

Let's consolidate the two topics. How about anybody interested in playing in a bloodbowl tournament at Origins reply to this thread. Do not PM me.

Edit: Plus, does anybody know if a tournament organizer can play in their own tourney?

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 - 09:39 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
Tournament organizers at smaller tourney often play the role of odd man out.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 - 10:56 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      nyghtmare wrote:
Plus, does anybody know if a tournament organizer can play in their own tourney?

Unless you've got some outside consideration (e.g. official GW tournament) or something then its entirely up to the organiser. I don't know of any restriction for NAF sanctioning anyway.

For many tournaments you actually need someone walking round sorting stuff out and/or doing data entry too. So if you do play then make sure someone is doing the work so you don't have a big delay between rounds.

The other thing to bear in mind is that you need 2-3 judges. These are the people who resolve disputes about the rules - and you can't adjudicate your own games Very Happy

Finally, like xtreme said, its a good idea to have a "spare" anyway - just in case you have an odd number turn up. If you are playing over multiple days make sure you have spares on each day since some coaches might not come back after the 1st day.

Babs recently wrote an article about organising a tournament. He has a bit about playing - and his short answer is no. Its worth reading anyway.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2005 - 05:55 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

I help organize 3 tournaments. For the GenCon Bowl and the Chaos Cup, I make sure there is an odd man out player. Such a player normally is giving free admission to the convention and the tournament as a thank you for the odds that he isn't playing every round. At GenCon the last 2 years, that man has been CyberHare (thank you Brian). At the Chaos Cup, its been whatever GW employee that knew BB who was not busy that day.

For the South Bend Slaughter ... last year ... I played in the tournament and will again this year if needed (brought Ogres last year and Vampires this year). Its a small enough tournament that it easy to update between rounds, but it does make it tough on my opponent as I also have to answer rules questions. If the Slaughter grows enough, I'll be trying to pay for an odd man out player for that tournament as well.

Galak

nyghtmareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2005 - 09:14 AM

I was just reading the Pre-Reg book for Origins and there's an event on Saturday at 9am (#2185) called Origins Cup RTT. The description basically refers it as a Rouge Trader Tournament and that's it. It doesn't tell what game system it's referring too. Could it be a bloodbowl tourney?

ZodoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 - 07:13 PM

I will be at Origins this year, and if there is a prospect for Bloodbowl, I can bring my stuff. I brought it all last year, but didn't get to play, except for a game against one of my roommates in our hotel room.

I could help with providing boards, as I have two complete sets. I don't know how much actuall organization help I could provide, as I'm running several other events already.

SugarwookieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 04, 2005 - 09:51 PM

United States of America
I'll be there and would love to play, someone keep me posted, or e-mail me if anything get's set in stone!

Peace,

David Orc

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic