NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 05:16 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Champions of Death to open bar. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GorbadOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 13, 2005 - 10:17 AM

Netherlands
This may be a bit late... but...

I played with the no reroll roster at TR 100 (EuroBowl 2004) and TR 110 (Lutece 2005) to test it out.

At TR 100 it's pretty amazing, the usual problem for woodies is the fact that you start your second half with 5 players.... But in TR 100, with 6 Dodge players, and not a lot of opposition with Block, these guys just won't go down, and I started with atleast 8 players every second half.... except against dwarves, but then again, in a swiss system you shouldn't be playing them a lot.

TR 110 - Well... I did it mainly for a joke, and that's what it turned out to be, the opposition has more positionals, and the fact that you could pick a skill just before the game ("duh, I think I'll take tackle") was pure murder.
won two, lost the rest IIRC....

Conclusion.. at TR 100, pretty nice, but at TR110 there a lot more options for woodies that are definitely better.

Reply with quote Back to top
juck101Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 14, 2005 - 11:31 AM

England
i must say i played a wood vs wood game and my extra reroll didnt make much odds. (2compared to 1)
but for my take i just dont think leap wardancers are a threat without a reroll left - reason enough to take as many as possible

twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 02:25 PM

Canada
BUD and I both used the 2 WD, 2 Catchers, 1 thrower, 6 linemen, and 1 RR dealie. Worked great for both of us, but my luck ran out in the last 2 tourneys, wiping out most of my hard earned NAF points. I just got outbashed and outfouled with prolonged plays, which happened because I couldn't roll a 2 to complete the drive with the TDs. Razz

I've moved on to lizards for the time being. Very Happy

HammerBowl. http://bkbbl.com/

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic