NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 08:52 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Get your NAF on. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FSUpadreOffline
Post subject: DragonBowl - September 2, 2005 - Dragoncon, Atlanta, GA  PostPosted: Jul 03, 2005 - 03:31 AM

United States of America
"Welcome sports fans to the 2005 DragonBowl at Dragoncon! The excitement is mounting and there just isn't anything quite like this tournament anywhere else in the world!"

"That's right, Bob! Where else can you go to see the world's number one sporting event AND women wearing nothing but electrical tape under one roof?"

"Right you are, John! I have my dice and dollar bills all ready to go!"

It's time once again for the fourth (or is it fifth?) annual DragonBowl Blood Bowl Tournament at Dragoncon. The DragonBowl is a three round, one day tournament that pits coaches from around the country - or at least from around the Hyatt - in the greatest sporting miniature game of all time. We have moved to a one day tournament over the last two years in order for players to come together and bludgeon each other on the pitch while still being able to enjoy the rest of the convention. However, we always have a lot of fun and tend to throw dice at the clix and card players before the end of the tournament (yes, extra points are awarded for such behavior, so bring extra dice).

Teams are TR 100 and must be created using the most recent rules review found on www.bloodbowl.com. No wizards, and up to one Star Player allowed (Freebooted). As we've all come to expect, coaches can assign a skill to one player before each game and all casualties and SPPs start over for each round.

Players should contact Jason Driver at DragonBowl@cox.net for more information or Old Man Monkey if they want to know where he got that cool hat he wore at the TKC from....

The cost of the tournament is a paltry $5 (plus the price of admission to Dragoncon...trust me, the price is MORE than fair for that as well!). The tournament will be - FINALLY - NAF sanctioned (no, honest this time!). Prizes will be provided, the winner not only recieving the accolades and cheers from the other coaches who lost to him or her, but also his or her very own Blood Bowl mat (designed by the Skeleton Crew Gaming Association, as seen on CSPAN and TBN...okay, so not CSPAN). Email dragonbowl@cox.net for more information!

Reply with quote Back to top
SugarwookieOffline
Post subject: Greenville Crew  PostPosted: Aug 15, 2005 - 12:41 PM

United States of America
You know the Greenville guys will be there fellas! Let's get together and throw a few back sometime before we hit the pitch!

Peace,

David
Blazefighter348@aol.com Orc

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
FSUpadreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2005 - 04:31 PM

United States of America
      Sugarwookie wrote:
You know the Greenville guys will be there fellas! Let's get together and throw a few back sometime before we hit the pitch!

Peace,

David
Blazefighter348@aol.com Orc
Let me know when! See you in two weeks.

SugarwookieOffline
Post subject: Burp!  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2005 - 11:48 PM

United States of America
I'm all for wheeling a mini keg down to the gaming hall and having a few games night time, or Hell! daytime on Thursday or Friday. Do you guys remember the fella that always comes from Texas, it'd be cool to get hooked up with him as well and hang out pre-tourney!

Peace,

David

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
SugarwookieOffline
Post subject: Hey padre and anyone coming to DC this weekend  PostPosted: Sep 01, 2005 - 06:58 AM

United States of America
How about those gas prices???? Woo-hooooo!!! We're still coming up and I'm bringing about three or four BB players for the tourney. If anyone wants to hang out, join our poker game please call me when you get in town. I'm at 864-444-6104

Peace,

David

SturmjarlOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2005 - 01:37 PM

Undisclosed
Jsut wanted to say I had a GREAT time at Dragoncon this year and to thank Jason for running the tourney. It was nice meeting the Jacksonville and Greenville players.
Salute Pat from Orlando

FSUpadreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2005 - 05:15 PM

United States of America
It was a pretty good turn out, considering the circumstances (gas prices and the hurricane the week before). The nice thing about people like Sugarwookie and Pat is that the coaches are really good natured and good sports (yeah, even you David - bring on the complaints about the start time!!). It was a lot of fun to run, and you guys did the dinky miniatures section of the con proud. Hopefully we can give away more game mats next year!

SugarwookieOffline
Post subject: Padre is a big meanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2005 - 12:28 PM

United States of America
I just wanted to let everyone know the evils this man unfurled upon us this year at Dragon Con 05! We arrived innocently enough on Thursday after battling grannies for gas at every pump between us and GA!!! I ended up clubbing one to death with her own wooden leg!!!
Well, after such a horrid day you know any self respecting BB player would want to settle down to a tall mug of ale, right??? We made every effort at doing this and by 5am had totally pulled it off I believe, after all the BB tourney was on Saturday, right?????? Right???? Right?????
Friday morning I get a frantic voice message (Too hung over to answer the damned thing) and it's Pat telling me to not start without him, that he's in registration at that very moment!!! I scratched my head, ass and other unmentionables at this message...............Hmmmmm.......could it be that Padre has pulled a fast one on us Greenville blokes???? Surely he wouldn't do such a thing!!!!! Well, I grabbed what I could find of my brain and what people I could muster and headed downstairs to find to my dismay that YES!!! THEY WERE HAVING THAT DAMNED TOURNEY ON FRIDAY MORNING!!!!! I commenced to rounding all of the drunkards up and after twenty minutes we were all there, pickled and ready to brawl......
All in all the tourney was great, the Florida gang always do a great job and even put up with my bitching (No breaks, no food, just severe hang over and dice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) I'm sure the gas crisis held up some guys, else it would have been great, but we still had a blast and I hope to see everyone next year!!!
What say we get the South all up and ready and run a huge ass BB tourney middle of next year??
Thanks again to all the Florida guys, hate we missed you Sunday night and also hope we didn't scare Pat with our evil punch........

Peace,

Sugar

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic