NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 11:09 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Deathwing is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KilcinOffline
Post subject: Amazon and Lizardmen league rosters, feedback requested  PostPosted: Sep 27, 2005 - 09:11 PM

Gateway to Death Valley

Please take a look and give any suggestions on the rosters or playing the teams.

Amazon
2 Catchers
2 Throwers
2 Blitzers
6 Lineman
4 Rerolls
6 Fan Factor
1 Asst. Coach
1 Cheerleader

Lizardmen
6 Saurus
6 Skinks
2 Rerolls
4 Fan factor

Thank you for your time.

Reply with quote Back to top
ShepherdOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2005 - 05:46 AM

Personally, I think Skinks are too fragile and too expensive not to go for the consistent +cash of a higher fan factor. You can always buy more skinks later, but you can NEVER buy more fan factor -- but buying higher fan factor will allow you to buy more Skinks in the long run.

Fan Factor is a long-term investment. It took me a while to realize that, but it really pays off in the 10-game perspective.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2005 - 06:04 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Never (except 'flings or special league rules) take coaches or cheerleaders. They are a waste of money.

Always take high fan factor (at least 7) if you think you are going to play more than about 10 games with a team. FF repays itself in about 6 games and the longer the league goes on the more it makes a difference.

For the 'zons I'd not start with catchers. If you do they'll hog the SPPs and you really want to get block on all the linewoman asap. 4 Blitzers is a must too since they are the heart of the team (IMO). I'd recommend not starting with the apoth but getting one asap.

KilcinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2005 - 10:50 AM

Gateway to Death Valley

Thanks for the info.

Shep, I'm use to playing with Goblins, so playing with Skinks will be second nature for me, I just get the bonus of haivng a hard line with the Saurus. Smile

If I drop a Skink and put the money into fan factor, what should I do with the remaining 10k laying around?

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2005 - 12:16 PM

I suggest high fan factor even in shorter leagues. Why? It allows you a greater chance at filling out possitional players. In fact one of my favorite tactics when I play a cheap player team like Khemri with 30k lineman, is to take a 1 ff from the begining of the season? Why? because it gimps fast teams and makes them work alot harder to afford those possitional players. I do ALWAY lose on the kickoff table, but I usually end up being able to develop a better team then my opponents who are struggling just to replace CAS caused by bashy mummies and the occasional big guy in the leagues. With regen on everynoe, and the abillity to buy cheap replacements, it actually helps out a khemri team in a short or longer league. Plus your fan factor will go up. This being said I do thwe exact opposite for a high mv low AV team. Why? Well I started my pro elves with a 9 ff and 3 games into the league I have been able to buy my apothacary, a line elf to fill out the 8 I will have on my final team, and a catcher to add a second scoring threat with speed to my roster, and 1 cheerleader which in my league adds 1k fans to the gate. I now have an 11 ff having gotten 2 increases and one stays the same. 11d6 while a pain to roll is a great boon to have for your gate. Even playing against relitively low ff teams I end up bringing home enough money to make the games seem very worth while. I also agree that skinks seem to be more fragile then they are worth in their profile and cost, but they are also able to dodge away without modifiers using stunty, and if you have a hard time keeping them out of trouble with 8 mv, you are either playing a great BB master, or are using them a bit wonky. I do hate the low str. Using Pro Elves, or Elves whichever you wish to call them, and playing against skaven, I saw first hand how easy it is to take a fast weak scoring threat and turn it into dust by simply using a str 3 catcher as a safety. a nice 2db is going to stop a running threat on a low av low str team quite often. It is actually because of using my catcher as a safety I almost took tackle instead of dodge to make him an even better safety, and allowing him to knock down individuals on even more dice rolls. As for upping your fan factor and what to do with the extra 10k, I would just sock it away for a rainy day when a skink trips and breaks himself or some nasty mummy/ogre/troll/whatever breaks a skink in half. It would be 10k closer to buying another player, and since you really don't need to start with 12 players It would be the options I would use. Take a minute and just look at the differences between the gates. Do some test rolls, and prove it to yourself. Roll your current FF 10 times and then roll FF 9 10 times. it can make s HUGE difference in money. With ff 11 the last two games with the addition of wins, I was able to get 80k per game. If my opponent had a higher ff it would have been even more. I would have been able to buy more cheerleaders, which does help the gate a bit.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
ShepherdOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2005 - 12:54 PM

Kilcin wrote:

If I drop a Skink and put the money into fan factor, what should I do with the remaining 10k laying around?

Only save $40 K for the apo. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
StoutYoungbloodOffline
Post subject: Re: Amazon and Lizardmen league rosters, feedback requested  PostPosted: Nov 09, 2005 - 11:19 AM

Undisclosed
      Kilcin wrote:
Please take a look and give any suggestions on the rosters or playing the teams.

Amazon
2 Catchers
2 Throwers
2 Blitzers
6 Lineman
4 Rerolls
6 Fan Factor
1 Asst. Coach
1 Cheerleader

Like it was already said, get rid of the cheerleader and Asst. Coach. Worthless starting out. I would, also, get rid of one of the throwers.

Here is what I start out with...

2 Catchers
1 Throwers
4 Blitzers
4 Lineman
4 Rerolls
2 Fan Factor
Apothecary

I take 4 blitzers, they are the best your team has and are great starting off. I usually have a blitzer and catcher in the wide zones and the other two on the line to punch through the center. I take two catchers because everyone concentrates on trying to take them out while I pass or hand off to a blitzer not to mention my opponents have to split their defense to protect both sides of the field.The Apothecary is there in case something goes wrong. 4 rerolls are a must. Have to take advantage of the 40K price tag. They are great against dwarves and their tackle skill.

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 09, 2005 - 12:30 PM

I like this roster:
5 linemen
1 thrower
1 catcher
4 blitzers
4 rerolls
9 FF

Buy the apothecary ASAP. You must have fan factor for a low AV team. The dodge will help starting out, but you will have some players knocked down over the course of the first game. If you know you will play Khemri the first game, maybe go with 8 FF, 3 re-rolls, and the apothecary.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic