NAF Logo
leftstar May 15, 2024 - 09:41 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Got Block? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DeaconOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2003 - 02:04 AM

England
Why do all these knights have Move 7? Not on horseback now, you know. Wink

I don't agree with Nerves of Steel on them, or Leader on the the Grail Knight - he's a loner after all. I do like Dauntless for the Grail Knight though, fits in with his character.

I see Brettonians as noble, but arrogant; and they should show that on the pitch. So here's my lot...

0-12 Men-At-Arms 40K 6 3 3 7 none GEN
0-4 Errant Knights 50K 6 3 3 8 Honorable GEN
0-4 Realm Knights 90K 6 3 3 9 Block, Honorable GEN ST
0-2 Grail Knights 110K 6 3 3 9 Block, Dauntless, Honorable GEN ST
Reroll : 50K
No Wizards. Apothecary allowed.
Honorable players may not foul.
Special Rule: In addition, all Knights are so full of themselves that they will not hand off or pass the ball to a man of 'lower caste', in this case, Men -At-Arms.

Okay, my reasoning. Let a commoner grab the glory away from a knight of the realm? Very Happy No chance, hence the special rule. I see the attitude of knights being vainglorious, using the Men-At-Arms as nothing but baggage carriers and as someone to stand in front of the opponent's Ogre whilst they score! Very Happy

Comments?

Reply with quote Back to top
DeaconOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2003 - 02:10 AM

England
Hmmm, should I have given the Grail Knights Pro as well? Confused

raggabaggaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2003 - 07:33 PM

the str 4 and block is abusive, my bret's went 12-0 in a league, then the next season they were taken off the team list. but the real sticker was block and stand firm, just made them annoying. I like the roster myself dlb. but i think that errant knight is a bit on the cheep in w/the nerves of steel trait. i admit i don't know much about the history of the bret's in warhammer, as i have never played warhammer, but i liked the pesants myself ).

AgentrockOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2003 - 10:51 PM

We tried the Bret team and found it was way out of balance so it was dropped...

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2003 - 12:39 AM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
I think Deacon's list is kinda nice. But feels a bit like the Amazon and Norse lists. Perhaps give the errant knights a +1 Ma for 10K

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2003 - 07:02 AM

England
dlb1969

I have already dropped the Grail Knights ST to 4 and added dauntless for the team next 2 games. Would have posted this earlier, but the forum wouldn't let me Evil or Very Mad . I think that I will drop dauntless for the 2 games following that. The first of the current 2 was against Wood Elves, so had no real effect.
Men at arms not a bad idea. Still don't like them as they're commoners, but if I can't get the all knight team to balance I'll give them a go. Standard human lineman profile I think.
I don't like the Greater Glory trait either. It describes an extremely self centred, selfish player. It's just wrong as any Bretonnian knight should be selfless and virtuous, especially a Grail Knight.
Nice idea on the nerves of steel, but I think you make the team into too much af a passing side like that. Also, remember that a Knight Errant is in the process of proving he is worthy of being a Knight of the Realm, so he should be in some way a lesser version of that player. I therefore don't think that pass is right for the Errants. Not all teams have ,need, or want, throwers.

Deacon

I gave my Errants MA 7 to make them appear younger than the Knights of the Realm, and because they were wearing less armour to prove how brave they are. I also see the knights as being very strong, and so not as encumbered by their armour as others may be.
There are different ways of being a leader. Through fear and general hardness (Orcs and Chaos) to actual 'leadership skills' like inspirational personal example (High Elves, Humans). I think the Grail Knight, as the epitome of chivalry, would be someone that all the lesser knight would look up to and be inspired by. So he's a leader for his shining example and vast experience.
I like the special rule, but perhaps a roll to show the competition between snobbery and nobility?
As for the men at arms getting in the way of the Ogre, I think that all the knights would want to be the one that personally takes him down. Especially the Knight Errants. Wink

Agentrock

Which team did you try, and why did you think it was out of balance?

My team now stands at
0-1 Grail Knight 130k 6 3 3 9 Block Pro Leader Honourable (dauntless which may be dropped) GEN ST
0-6 Knight of the Realm 90k 6 3 3 9 Block Honourable GEN ST
0-12 Knight Errant 70k 7 3 3 8 Honourable GEN
reroll 50k; wizard not allowed; apothecary allowed

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic