NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 10:45 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Hang the monkey! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ColinOffline
Post subject: Da GROTS Kup, April 1, Red Deer  PostPosted: Feb 24, 2006 - 05:37 PM

I will be holding a one day, 4 game tourney in Red Deer on April 1 this year, we will be using LRB 4.0 rules, TR100 teams, no stars, no wizards. Halfling Chef as head coach is free but extra ingrediants to steal more RRs cost 70K each and have to be bought when the roster is created (just note it in the team wizard column).

The shedual will follow that of last year;

Saturday, April 1, 2006
9:00-9:30 Registration
9:30-11:30 Game One
11:30-12:00 Lunch Break
12:00-2:00 Game Two
2:00-2:30 Break
2:30-4:30 Game Three
4:30-5:00 Break
5:00-7:00 Game Four
7:00-7:30 Awards

Held at the same place as last year, the GROTS bunker at Compusoft, 2067A 50th (Gaetz) Avenue, Red Deer (on the south end of Red Deer accross the street from the Home Depot)
Wink

Fanatic will be sponsoring some of the prizes again this year and there will be trophies given away for first and second place finishers, plus the first place finisher gets his name engraved on the permanent GROTS Kup trophy that remains on display at the store. There will also be prizes for Best Painted Team and Most Sporting Player. (Depending on how many register there may be prizes for Most TDs and Most CAS).

Cost is CDN$25.00 (registering on the day of tourney) and $20.00 (for pre-registering) for non GROTS members
$15.00 for GROTS members (no extra discount for pre-registering, but it is recommended that GROTS members register early to reserve a spot).
You can pre-register at the Compusoft store. Tel (403)357-3070 Fax (403)346-4304 (be sue to mention that it is concerning the GROTS Blood Bowl tourneament). Wink

Reply with quote Back to top
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2006 - 08:06 AM

United States of America
Have fun Torg! Very Happy

Hey Montreal get a road-trip organized! Very Happy

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2006 - 09:38 AM

One little bit to add.
The scoring system will be simaler to last year;
5pts for a win
3pts for a tie
1pt for a loss
0 for a forfit or concession

Standings will be based on your win/loss/tie record. Tiebreakers for standings will be TD difference and then CAS difference (and total number of TDs scored if needed, as well as total CAS scored if needed to go that far to break the tie).

There will be 5 points available for minatures/painting
1 for being painted 3 colours, 1 for extra effort in painting (shading, highlighting, etc), 1 for being representive of race, 1 for being numbered clearly, 1 for being based (flock is a minamum, just painting bases green will not earn a point).
There will be a neutral but expert painting judge for the Best Painted Team award. Coaches will be asked to leave their teams out during the lunch break to be judged by the painting judge (GROTS own Zaphod, who will not be playing in the tourney, only judging the painting).

Though coaches will supply their own dice, there will be no "lucky" dice tolorated. You will be expected to let your opponant use your dice if he so wishes. If you have a set of dice that you don't want anyone else to use, don't bring it! Any failure to comply with the dice sharing rule will result in you not being able to use the dice you brought and have to share one set with your opponant. You will also be assesed a negative score to your sportsmanship points. Any use of obviously loaded dice can result in the explusion of the offending coach from the tourney. Arguing, yelling, or fighting with your opponants or tourney organisers will result in expulsion as well. In the case of being kicked out of the tourney, there is no refund. Don't expect anyone to be kicked out but just had to add that to cover all bases.
At the end of the tourney, coaches will be asked to rank each opponant from 1-4, 4 being the most fun/sporting player that you played, down to 1 for the least fun/ sporting player. That means that each coach that you played will have a different number (ie 1, 2, 3, or 4) ranked from highest to lowest. Each coach will score the number of points equal to their total ranking from their opponants. The person with the highest total will win the Most Sporting Player award.

Total highest points will earn that coach the title of GROTS Kup champion, there will also be a prize for second place as well.

GW will be supplying prizes, the GROTS gaming club will be supplying the trophies.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2006 - 09:00 AM

Melifaxis wrote:
Hey Montreal get a road-trip organized! Very Happy

Road trip Shocked That's a three day drive. I like BB but there are limits.

Good luck with the tourney Torg.

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2006 - 05:04 PM

One thing I forgot to add is what to bring (though most is obvious);

Your painted team
Your roster
Templates (throw-in, scatter, passing)
pensil
blocking dice and scatter die (dCool

We will attempt to have enough boards and dugouts for everyone, but if you wish to bring your own, that is fine.

Do not bring any d6s as a pair will be provided to each registered coach and must be used in the tourney

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 01, 2006 - 08:57 PM

Well, the tourney is done and was a huge success, we doubled our attendance from last year and it was a great time for everyone involved.

Some pics posted on TBB
http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=346359#346359

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2006 - 11:52 AM

Here's the final breakdown of the standings based on total final points (so there are some people finishing higher with worse W-L-T record whcih was used to determine standings each round (ties broken by TD and then DAS differential) with the points for painting and sportsmanship added in at the end of the tourney after all games were played. Those finishing tied in pts finished higher if had a better WLT record, ties in records broken by TD diff).

1. Chris "Toppy" Trollope - Beaverton Bunnies - Wood Elf - 3, 0, 1 - 34 pts Most TDs with 17
2. Scott McGaffin - Dead 'n Lovin' It - Necromatic - 3, 1, 0 - 31 pts
3. Rob Maa - Lalorith Looters - Dark Elf - 2, 1, 1 - 29 pts
4. Dale Maa - Passing Fancy - High Elf - 2, 1, 1 - 27 pts
5 Sean Conrad - Silver Hammers - Dwarf - 2, 0, 2 - 27 pts
6. Toby Power - Pugs Mashers - Orc - 2, 1, 1 - 25 pts. Most CAS with 11
7. Ben Pavli - Elfmonton Stampeders- Elf - 2, 0. 2 - 25 pts.
8. Colin Klym - Evil Dwarf Marauders - Dwarf - 1, 2, 1 - 24 pts.
9. Ryan Cornell - World Warriors - Human - 1, 2, 1 - 23 pts.
10. Carson Jarvis - Wolfin - Human - 1, 3, 0 - 22 pts.
11. Andrew McKechnie - Bezmodo's Bile Belchers - Undead - 0, 4, 0 - 20 pts.
12. Corey Cass - The Bonecrushers - Chaos - 0, 2. 2 - 14 pts.

Sorry if I spelled anyone's name wrong (some of you guys need to spell neater) Wink Razz

This year (and last year) we didn't give away any trophies for Most TDs or Most CAS, but we will do that next year. Wink

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2006 - 09:08 PM

Undisclosed
ANOTHER Canadian Tourney won by a Wood Elf team. Rolling Eyes

Geez...Rolling Eyes

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic