NAF Logo
leftstar May 16, 2024 - 07:13 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Halfling team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OpusOffline
Post subject: Throw Teammate  PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 01:41 PM

United States of America
Awhile ago (under LRB3), I played a Halfling team that made it all the way to the League Championship match. I should also mention that we made a house rule that Sure Feet *could* be used to reroll a landing... Smile

I haven't played halflings since that time, so I really haven't paid attention to the changes to Throw TeamMate etc. But the other day I decided to look, and realized that the current set of Big Guys that have TTM are really quite useless, as they *all* have AG 1. That means it doesn't matter whether the toss is one square or 15 squares, you have to roll a 6 to be accurate.

Am I missing something?

Reply with quote Back to top
XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 01:47 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
Shorter throws fumble less often. Smile

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 02:13 PM

Canada
To elaborate on what Ztreme is saying, you have to take into account that a fumble occurs when the pass dice result is a 1. Which means that it is not necessarily a natural 1. If the dice result due to range modifiers, tackle zones and Foul Appearance makes the dice result 1 (or less) then there is a fumble fron the thrower's square.

So shorter TTM means less fumbles.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

PrimesupremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 03:14 PM

USA
I didn't realize that modifiers affect fumble...hmmm that makes halfling teams that less dangerous...well if the halfling team I play against did anything but lob halflings at opposing players

crazylegsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 03:54 PM

And realize... inacurate passes can be just as effective, you just scatter the fling a little first (hopefully towards the endzone), so rolling a 6 isn't whats important, it's not getting that modified 1...

OpusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 08:02 PM

United States of America
While I agree with you all, I still have issues with this. The base AG roll for AG 1 is 6+ anyway, which means the only way to get a 5+ roll is to do a Quick Pass. Which, of course, you can't do, because TTM automatically modifies the range ruler by one distance.

What I'm trying to say is that IMNSHO, the players with TTM ought to have AG2. I just can't see TTM being useful as it is.

crazylegsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 08:12 PM

It's very useful... it doesn't matter if the pass is accurate! You just scatter like a normal inacurate pass, and try to land. The only thing you have to take into account is scattereing backwards, so you normally try to throw a square or two farther than you need to... as long as you don't scatter directly onto an opponent you can land and score, and if you do you have the binus of knocking down that player (and I believe you even get to use your mighty blow)...

Since AG has no effect on whether or not you fumble, it doesn't really matter what your AG is, the fumbles are the key (that's why it's a real tactical decsion to take block/acurate if you doubles, because accurate DOES effect your chances of fumbling by adding +1 to your die roll.)

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 09:30 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
You do not have to be accurate. The only advantage of being accurate is that you have a +1 modifer to landing - what the means is that AG really isn't that important to TTMs at all.

In general Quick Passes are 1 to fumble, the typical short pass is a 2 to fumble and a long pass 3 to fumble. They are all 6's to be accurate and AG2 only helps on quick passes anyway.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic