NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 11:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Hand! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Trojan65Offline
Post subject: Tournament tips/past experience/ help for a orc player  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 12:13 PM

So I just made quite possibly the coolest looking orc models on the face of the planet for blood bowl... ( I will work on getting pics, but u can see such things as facemasks, 3 points stance, and close linning Black Orcs) played about 30games with them so far... and my buddy buys me a ticket to the SPIKE! tournament in may so i need your guys help...

Here's my list that's going
4 Bo's
4 Blitzers
2 Line, orks ( got one spare just incase)
1 thrower

I'm pretty sure that what I'd like to take... now the tournament goes on a scored of 50pts for a win, 10pts for most injuries, and 10pts for winning by at least 2....

I want to know if anyone has any list suggestions, if they like it, if they might do some small changes... my biggest question is do i need FF if after everygame they just give 1 skill to a player, and the team re-sets? If not I'll just dump the FF and pick up another re-roll, giving me 3 re-rolls and that list above?

Any help, or suggestions, or tips or any experience others may have had at a tourny, even if its a story, I'd love to hear from you guys

Marc

P.S this is my first day here at NAF, and I' can't wait for my block dice (my team is regal blue and yellow) Very Happy

Reply with quote Back to top
SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 01:30 PM

I've seen a variation on your list work very well (trading the thrower for a lineman and taking 3FF. But I actually like your list a little better.

I'd give the thrower block after the first game.

In my experience, it's better to go with 3 re-rolls. Some guys like the extra fan factor because it helps on kick offs. But, at a recent tourney, a guy a played at the last game took 6FF. And this got him a total of 1 re-roll in 4 games... YMMV

With a little luck, your roster can win a tournament. It will, at least, be competitive. Have fun!

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 09:26 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Generally you don't need FF. Sometime is can win the game for you (a lucky get the ref/pitch invasion) but more often than not the money is better spent on players or rerolls.

Your lineup is fine. For skills after the game I always take DP first then a combination of guard on the BOBs and tackle/strip ball on the blitzers. Lucifier has had a lot of success taking block on the BOBs and using them to hit, but I prefer the guarding punch bags.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2006 - 03:07 AM

Undisclosed
P.S. You need to have a FF of at least 1.

EDIT: And I split the skills between the Black Orcs...2 Get Block...2 Get Guard.

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic