NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 01:26 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Max Kneecap Mittleman found dead. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: Halfling Glutton - Alternate Big Guy  PostPosted: May 27, 2006 - 10:19 AM

Undisclosed
I found myself thinking of Blood Bowl on the train the other day, and I want to bounce a "house rule" alternat big guy off of you all...The Halfling Glutton. (Or Halfling Gorger)

Picture a immensly fat, crazed, Blood Bowl player who is only hanging around the halflings for the promise of good halfling-made vittles...and occassionally stuffing the odd 'fling down his throat. Mmmmm...

Here was what I was thinking for his profile:

MA:4 STR:6 AG:2 AV:8
Skills: Mighty Blow, Throw TeamMate, Frenzy, Off For a Bite, Always Hungry*

I actually prefer Voracious Appetite but this would be a house-ruled skill for a house-ruled player. Voracious Appetite would work the same as Always Hungry, but would fail on a roll of 1 or 2. (Unless you paid 20K before the game to buy him a pre-game snack. snack=cow or some other suitable meat-based food product. Smile )

---

I think that this would be a nice change-up for the 'Fling team in a league setting that allowed for such things. Any thoughts on the price of this guy, or on how balanced he is from a game mechanic perspective?

NAF Member #5236
---

Reply with quote Back to top
lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2006 - 10:33 AM

United States of America

interesting, Rob. I'd probably be more comfortable with MA 3 if he's got AG 2, or go with MA 4 and drop AG 1. I envision "Fatty" to be really slow and plodding. Maybe something like this

MA 3 ST 6 AG 2 AV 8 Belly Flop*, TTM, Thickskull, Bonehead/Really Stupid, Voracious Appetite

* Piling on

He's not going anywhere fast, but if you get sucked in to his belly (aka Fat Bastard) he's going to flop right on you. Pick a negatrait depending on whether you want him slow, plodding and forgetful, or slow, plodding an drooling forgetful.

Anyway, it's pretty fun!

#1 U.S. Vampire Coach (of 2 )

*note: loss only on the Street while playing halflings.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2006 - 07:09 PM

Undisclosed
I have no issue with his losing the movement, though the severe drop in AV was intended to make up for the "faster" MA 4.

However, I really want the Frenzy in there to represent his psychoticness....running for the food and overpowering anything in his way.

Also keep in mind that with the OFAB/Voracious Appetite...and the Flings AV 6...they will be doing more damage to flings than the opponent. Smile In a pinch you may still need to try TTM...mut having to make two rolls for it to come off really should be enough...bone head added to this makes it 3 rolls just to try the throw.

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic