NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 03:11 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
In Roze-El we trust. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
darthnoirOffline
Post subject: 2006 Kubla Cup - May 27-28 - Burlingame, CA  PostPosted: Mar 02, 2006 - 06:26 AM

United States of America

The inaugural Kubla Cup tournament will be held at this year's KublaCon Gaming Convention.

The convention runs from May 26, 2006 through May 29, 2006. The Kubla Cup itself will be held on May 27-28 (Saturday/Sunday).

For tournament rules information, please see the Kubla Cup web site: http://www.bajasol.net/KublaCup/

For location, hotel information, and registration please see KublaCon's web site: http://www.kublacon.com/

Feel free to post any questions you may have.

I look foward to seeing you there.

Reply with quote Back to top
darthnoirOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 12:33 PM

United States of America

Folks, we're less than two weeks away from the inaugural Kubla Cup.

We have some excellent prizes for this tournament from Impact Miniatures and Games Workshop.

Don't be left out, sign up before all of the slots are taken.

I look forward to seeing you folks there.

HarridanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2006 - 06:17 PM

My arm is being twisted to post a comment here so that darthnoir isn't the only one posting on his own thread...
He just told me to ask what other teams are being played at the tourney... I will be playing Lizardmen

He seems kinda irritated that I am saying that he told me to post... don't know why... Oh well...

Hope to see y'all there!

darthnoirOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 - 10:14 PM

United States of America

Greetings All,

Here is my (much delayed) Kubla Cup 2006 tournament report.

Back in 2005 when I was initially getting tournament approval for the Kubla Cup, I had no less than 20 different coaches telling me, ???I???ll be there!??? The KublaCon staff was more than gracious enough to provide me enough tournament space for 20 Blood Bowl coaches across 2 days.

Then came day one of the 2006 Kubla Cup. We only had 3 coaches. After making a decision to reduce the number of tournament days down to one, we were fortunate enough to gain one more coach to have a nice even number of participants (big thanks to Dan for changing up is convention plans to play in the Kubla Cup). Again, the KublaCon staff was extremely understanding given the circumstances and actually provided us with a much nicer location to play in than we originally had.

Representing the Blood Bowl world for the inaugural Kubla Cup, we had:

Jon (NAF login harridan) ??? Macu Peaks Jaguars ??? Lizardman
Shawn ??? Poor Soldiers ??? Chaos Dwarf
AJ (NAF login applejax) ??? Sewer Tsunamis ??? Skaven
Shawn ??? Lothern Lions

Since the Kubla Cup had evolved into a 1 day tournament with 4 coaches, we played 3 rounds. At the end of three rounds, we had the following results:

Sewer Tsunamis
3 Wins 0 Ties 0 Losses 10 TDs 4 CAS

Poor Soldiers
1 Win 1 Tie 1 Loss 5 TDs 5 CAS

Macu Peaks Jaguars
1 Win 0 Ties 2 Losses 4 TDs 10 CAS

Lothern Lions
0 Wins 1 Tie 2 Losses 5 TD 6 CAS

The Poor Soldiers were selected as both the best looking team and the best sporting team.

I???ve come away with a very important lesson after running this tournament. Namely, tournaments KublaCon seem to be better suited for one day events. I had roughly 5 people come up to me during the tournament and say, ???If I knew it was only a 1 day tournament I would have played.??? Most of these people said they would participate next year if it will only be one day.

The good news is everyone seemed to be having a great time. Additionally, everyone went home with a prize of some sort.

Here is a link to some pictures of the event:

http://www.bajasol.net/TournamentPage/KublaCup2006/

I want to give a big thank you to Impact! Miniatures and GW for providing some awesome prize support for the first annual Kubla Cup. I also want to thank each and everyone one of the coaches who were willing to take time to play in this tournament. KublaCon has a huge number of events going on all 4 days and the fact that those 4 were willing to play in my tournament meant a lot to me. And last, but definitely not least, I want to thank the staff of KublaCon. They had set aside room for 20 participants for me, and were more than accommodating and understanding when the turn out was something substantially lower.

We will be back next year. The question is, will you be there to try to unseat the reigning champion?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic