NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 12:30 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bloodweiser. The best an Orc can git. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darb27Offline
Post subject: Khemri Dirty Play issue  PostPosted: Jun 06, 2006 - 10:40 PM

In the league I am going to be in with my Khemri team it is looked down and concidered cheap to foul people if done to much. So what should I look at getting my skeletons instead of dirty player? Or would this effect a Khemri team to much to not do dirty plays? Thank you advance for any help in this matter.

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2006 - 11:40 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Block so you can hit them instead. Tackle for a 2nd skill would be nice too. It might be worth having a look at Khemri teams on FUMBBL - there may be a few that have used "no DP" development strategies.

KheldarOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 - 03:30 AM

Candlejack is giving mightyblow to all of his players. I played them they are frightening.

SputnikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 - 05:01 AM

Kheldar wrote:
Candlejack is giving mightyblow to all of his players. I played them they are frightening.

but you would need doubles for MB. I can see that his team is frightening.. Wink

Sputnik

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 - 08:32 AM

Canada
I say you give your league a wake up call to the fact that its just a game, and fouling is part of that game. DP For everyone Smile

nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 - 04:03 PM
Mekboy

It is just a game. There are certain things in that game, however, which are just plain not fun. Dirty player for everyone is a good concept _on paper_, however, the skeletons won't skill up that fast, or that evenly. In a league as small as ours, a DP skeleton (who only has 7 armor, after all) has a huge target painted on him. It's just a better idea to give the skellie block to start, which will allow that skellie to stay on his feet more, exerting tackle zones, and being more effective. Since there are no star player points awarded for fouling, skeletons with just dirty player will just die quicker.

My Tournament Record

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 - 05:05 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Once you get sent off, you can't be hurt!

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 - 05:16 PM

Canada
Plus they've got regenerte.

Yea, I'd give some skellies block, but I'd still give 3 or 4 DP as their first skill. If they actually do die, meh, its a skellie, buy anohter one.

stick_with_poo_on_the_endOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 03:00 AM

If you roll a double, I have seen diving tackle work very well for skeletons, Have the skeleton follow a mummy about, plonk them both next to your opponent, forcing him to try and dodge away with the modifier, try blocking the str 5 guy and his assist, or stay and get punched next turn. If the skellie survives, tackle next time would make him nasty for tying down those pesky dodgers while your 4 Bullies move in for the kill. But as per the other posts, DP is the Khemris greatest strength, You wouldn???t ask a would elf not to pass or as a dwarf player not to use a cage. Hit em with the mummies then kick with the boney boys.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 06:53 AM

Undisclosed
I am generally not a big fan of fouling, but I don't see how your leaguemates can be upset for you to use one of the few strengths that you have available to you. (What's next? "Hey man...can you please stop blocking with those STR5 players?!?")

I'm sure they would be really proud of themselves to win 4-0, 5-0 with their elf team that you weren't allowed to foul.

If they have an issue with Khemri tactics, then perhaps there should be a discussion on allowing them in the league...however, if they are a legal team...and they should be...then all's fair.

It's just like people who are upset when stunty players foul. I guess the goblin/halfling coach should just surrender the number's advantage the whole game and allow 2d blocks against the whole time.

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic