NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 09:40 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dementor was the best Tomb Kings player of 2023 rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2006 - 08:44 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Sounds like a great tourney, good job Mel.

Nice job getting the stats entered quickly (wish others could follow suit Rolling Eyes )

One of these days I'll make it.

Mr Lagerbottom, looks like this is indeed the year of the missfits (you coming 3rd if not close to winning top spot & I winning the SPIKE) Who knows what the future holds in the BB world!

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Reply with quote Back to top
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2006 - 09:06 PM

Undisclosed
Rob-
Great tourney once again...I think a great time was had by all...with the possible exception of the over-worked chefs at Fire And Ice. Smile

I look forward to seeing you at Ha-vad Sqwah again next year and returning to my more comfortable position at the bottom of the rankings.

-RobO

P.S. Thanks for revisiting the points totals..and for setting the record straight...that once and for all the Lizardman BASH roster is superior to the skink roster. Wink

-----
Game 1:
Zinak's Ogres give me an early scare...the game was very close throughout and the Piling-On Ogres managed to survive 6 rounds of fouls without a scratch. A crazy skink defensive TD helps me win the game and seemed to set the tone for the tourney. 2-1 Win.
Game 2:
Another hard-fought game against the eventual tourney champion. The skink armour withstood the Mummies bully tactics and the ref tossed a zombie fairly early on a failed foul. 1-1 Tie.
Game 3:
The lizards turned rat hunters this game and mashed gutter runners early and often. Several 3-Dice Blocks and Blitzes later and the Lizards emerge victorious. 2-0 Win.
Game 4:
Here is where I blew it. My dice were good enough to win this game, but sadly my skills were not. My first half drive ended in a TD against as I took heat under gken1's pressure on the ball...I pushed thge skink ball carrier a bit too far up the field; a blitz to the ball carrier and a fortuitous series of missed attempts (on both sides) to grab the scattering the ball places the ball close to the LOS and near a free Amazon player. (One Short Pass later and my heart was broken by the Powder Puff Girls. Smile )

My crazy dice continued in the second half however, as I got a blitz on my kick-off...cleared the LOS...and moved the Krox under the ball. (Yes...he caught it. Smile ) I was too tenative from there...feared the bonehead...and flubbed the gift that Nuffle had given me.
1-0 Loss.
Game 5:
My Krox, apparently upset about having been robbed of a chance at scoring a TD by his wimpy warm-blooded coach, took it out against JKARR's Krox in turn 1. That early CAS gave Tip The Scales the edge in the Arms race vs. The Children Of The Forket Comet. From there my tackling Sauri hunted the enemy skinks and kept them tied-up or laying down. 4-1 Win.

NAF Member #5236
---

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2006 - 09:10 PM

Undisclosed
      Clan-Skaven wrote:
Who knows what the future holds in the BB world!

Rod.

You know Rod, this could be the 7th Sign. Shocked Thinking about it that way...I'm kinda glad I didn't win Wink

-RobO

NAF Member #5236
---

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2006 - 04:15 PM

United States of America
congrats rob on the move into 3rd! POWER SAURUS RULE!

bampfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 21, 2006 - 02:07 PM

My 7 skink roster was all over jkarr s 4 skink roster. I popped the ball every time he had it save the last... where I re-rolled a 2 die block on the ball into double skulls setting up the Saurus hand off for the tie.

Agility Lizards are the way to go!

VBZOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2006 - 01:37 AM

Hey Ken, what skills and progression did you use for the zons-- come to think of it what did your roster look like?

Last edited by VBZ on Jun 24, 2006 - 10:54 PM; edited 1 time in total

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2006 - 07:45 AM

United States of America
4 Blitzers 1 Catcher 7 Linewomen, 3 RR, 5 FF

Guard, MB, Guard, Tackle on blitzers then DP, DP then SS on Catcher.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic