NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 03:53 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I am just safekeeping this chainsaw for a friend rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KilcinOffline
Post subject: Suggestions on a Khemri league team  PostPosted: Sep 28, 2005 - 04:10 PM

Gateway to Death Valley

I have a friend who's just starting Blood Bowl and wants to use the Khemri team. Does anyone have any suggestions on a team line-up or someplace where he can go to get some tips on playing the Khemri team? Thanks for your time.

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2005 - 06:09 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Theres a really good thread on talk blood bowl about Khemri.

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2005 - 08:07 AM

Well for khemri I start one of two ways. I either plan to be a bashy bastiche for the whole league and leave ball handling to the elves, or I plan on doind minimal ball handling and opt for a thro-ra. Without a doubt you MUST take all 4 mummies from the get go. Why? Because they cause fear and fear is good Smile. You will see people who truly fear mummies either dodging away from them, or stacking 3 or more people on each mummy to take them out of the game. Either way you can use them to direct traffic away from your runners or ball handler, or your keeping so many people tied up you can exploit various tactics to get through.

Depending on the league I would probably go with 4 mummies, 2 blitz-ras, and fill out the roster with skellies and rerolls. As for fan factor I probably have the only mind set of taking low FF to make it harder for the teams who have to have alot of cash to buy their possitionals <read elves de woodies etc which are also the teams that will dance around you as you play khemri.> I start with a 1 ff. It is an advantage at the start of the league which khemri desperately need. you will lose the rolls on the kickoff, but most of the kickoff results don't hurt you that much under the new table. These are just my experiences with khemri. If you friend wants to do more ball handling then I reccomend taking a thro-ra, but I truthfully find them almost useless. They are easily broken, and I don';t find picking the ball up with them that much of a challenge. Alot of people develop tacticas which hinge on throwing the ball deep into the oppositions end zone, but I don't think they are effective. You should try to master the cage as soon as possible because while it's not the fastest way to score it is a way to score. Mummies with guard make nasty cages, and with a blitzra in the middle with the possibillity to break away will usually give you some advantage. it's a slow crawl, but you need to play safe with khemri. Every score takes a long time, and you HAVE to reliably develop a way to score. I personally like to cage if my opponent knows what he is doing, or if your opponenet doesn't understand the weakness of your team and or the strength you can sometimes draw them into a bash fest in the middle of the field. This works to your advantage as it gives you a chance to possibly get numeric advantage which is essential for the khemri game plan.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
KilcinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 11:02 AM

Gateway to Death Valley

After signing up, I believe I found that thread you were talking about doubleskulls. Does it it have a long writeup by TuernRedvenom?

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2005 - 01:56 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
That's the one. The first couple of pages are pretty close to being the best Khemri play book we've seen so far.

DagaronOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 05, 2006 - 07:19 PM

I'm just starting Blood Bowl and am making a Khemri team. I'm also looking for advice on starting stats/abilities and team line-up.

Going to be participating in my first tourny in November and want to test the team in a league that just started at a local game shop.

talkbloodbowl.com doesn't seem to be working so if anyone has the great thread backed up or can direct/give me advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to play some of you guys in the MI/OH/IN states in the future.

TuernRedvenomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 06, 2006 - 01:08 AM

it's working now, the thread is at:
http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18019&start=0
(I think you need to register to view it)
Biggest difference to the old (lrb 4) rules is that Thro-ras are indeed worth it now that they have MA6.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic