NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 02:08 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Chainsaws for everyone! Take action NOW! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aerofoolOffline
Post subject: More on Painting Chaos Dwarfs...  PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 - 02:05 PM

United States
My Wife thinks I have flipped.
I took a back step this weekend and stripped my Chaos Dwarf team. Admittingly, I never saw them in the same light again since someone mentioned that the red scale mail made them look like strawberries. I didn't really feel like re-naming them to the Strawberry Short Quakes!
Instead I may have gotten something far worse planned. Chaos Dwarfs in a Circus theme!! The colors are Red, Yellow, Blue and White in a cheerful carnival of color! The Hob-gobs will be painted up like clowns, complete with multi-colored stripes, spots, and white face-paint to make them look like clowns. Yes, I know I've totally lost it now! Razz

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 - 02:39 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
there was a gobbo team on ebay some months ago in a similar sceme. Hurt my eyes Wink

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2003 - 04:54 PM

Undisclosed
If I can ever get my modeling and painting skills up to an approriate level, want to do a Skaven team based on the old american freek show carnival.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 - 08:37 AM

Canada
I think it's a great idea !

I want pics !

Fred

PS: As soon as I can get a hold of a cam, I'll show some pics...

SunDancerOffline
Post subject: Re: More on Painting Chaos Dwarfs...  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 - 09:01 AM

Germany
      aerofool wrote:
Yes, I know I've totally lost it now! :P

Now you're really with the IN-crew ;)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 - 01:13 PM

United States
I'll be sure to post pics once I'm done. I'm doing so much right now! I'm putting the finishing touches on a Norse team, about half-way done with a gobbo team and about to start on my wife's wood elves, and now the Big Tops, lol. looks like I'm going to be busy for awhile!

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 - 01:33 PM

United States
speaking of pics... here's a Thrud I'm also working on (he's almost done). So, what - ya think?

triplepow.com

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 - 02:30 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
nice!!!

I'd give the loincloth some bright colour, makes nice contrast with the rest of the mini.

Perhaps brown sand and static grass ?? (however that's a very personal favourite of mine)

aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2003 - 03:56 PM

United States
I used vermin brown for the loincloth and boots inspired by the colors used in the Thrud Comic. Highlighted in vomit brown (the highlight does not come out as clear in the pic, but I'm taking better pics of it once I finish the base. Since he's a freebooter-only, I didn't want to give him any one dominant bright color that may give him ties to any team I currently have or might have in the future. I am going to add a touch of sand, not much and paint it scorched brown, ink in brown and highlight in bestial. Then add patches of static grass. I'm debating over the eyes. They look cool sunken deep inside the helmet, though I may wind up bringing them out a bit.

triplepow.com

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic