NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 07:26 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Casualty! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
juggler434Offline
Post subject: Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2006 - 10:47 PM

I've been debating taking a couple assistant coaches and cheerleaders for my team. In the past these have always been next to useless, people only taking them when they had nothing else to buy, but now it seems that pull a lot more weight on those kick off results since fan factor is only going to get you +1, maybe +2, and often 0. Thoughts?

Reply with quote Back to top
BuggritOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2006 - 07:08 AM

In your dugout pimping your cheerleaders!
TAKE THEM!!!
Especially early in a League or instead of a higher fan factor.
I use an Orc team that started with FF4 and has seen it yo yo up and down (currently FF6) I've currently got 5 CL's and 5 AC's and whenever I play in our League I almost always win the Cheering Fans and Brilliant Coaching bonus re-rolls. Which if it happens at the start of the game means I have 5 Re-Rolls for that half Smile

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2006 - 02:15 PM

Canada
I think that your question is dependant on many factors. I think the big thing to consider is whether to take them for a league or tourney. Secondly, you need to consider what condition your team is in when you are going to take them. If you have a wiood elf team that has only one wardancer and no apothecary, then you would be a fool to waste money on the side-line staff.

But as you point out, they are more worthwhile then they were before, so when the time is right - take them.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

BouncergriimOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2006 - 12:23 PM

Ft. Worth Texas
I am playing in a league and rather than spend the money on FF to keep up with the other coachs (ff 5 to 7). I went 0ff and bought a one AC and one CL. So that when I don't get the fame (which will be all the time) I won't be at a disadvantage to the most common KOff rolls. I prefer a RR for lizards over a 6FF. I will see how it works this weekend. That and winning games in the long run will bring up my FF every time.

juggler434Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2006 - 11:02 PM

I ended up taking one of each for my dwarf team and its been working out really well, especiallly since the other coaches didn't take any.

aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2006 - 07:38 AM

United States
For me it depends on the situation. In League play I like to go for the High FF to bring in more cash to augment my team early on. I'm not a natural re-roll user (I usually get a worse result the second time around) so I don't hurt too much if I miss an extra re-roll on kickoffs. In a one-off or where cash is no issue, I'll get as many CL and coaches I can. Not that it makes much of a diff to me anyways, lol!

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
howlinggriffonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2006 - 07:59 AM

England
I bought three of each after my third league game - mainly because I wanted to have a reason for putting the models I painted of them onto the table...

Turns out they've been really handy. I reckon I've had at least one or two free re-rolls each game since then.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic