NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 05:45 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You're right, he does have very long legs. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
olli100210Offline
Post subject: Against ogres  PostPosted: Jul 12, 2006 - 06:13 AM

i played an ogre team last night and lost 2-0. i played orcs and found it hard to get to grips with the snotlings side stepping and nearly always dodging on a 2+. the ogres are a bit of a problem as well as you always need a few players to get a 2 dice roll on them. the team that i had was as follows. 4 black orc
4 blitzers
3 linemen
1 thrower
2 re-rolls
2 fan factor
my league starts next week and i will be playing the ogres in the league. does anyone have any suggestions on my team or on how to deal with an ogre team.

cheers olli Shocked

Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 12, 2006 - 07:41 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

1) Put Tackle on 2 of the Blitzers ... this goes a long way to helping with any Stunty team.
2) Hunt the Snotlings. Every turn blitz a Snotling for a 3 dice block if possible and always hit every Snotling you can.
3) Remember that Snotlings do not give a -1 modifier to dodge into their TZ. So when playing against Ogres you need to change how you see defensive set-ups.
4) With your AG 3 Orcs ... you might actually find it better off to dodge away from the Ogres instead of going toe to toe with them. Because of Bonehead ... Ogres cannot always follow after you.
5) Watch for throwing distances. If a Snotling has the ball keep in your mind that an Ogre can run over to him and throw him 7 squares pretty effectively (3+ roll after Bonehead)
6) If you opponent has an AG 4 Snotling ... kill him first ... if you knock him down and he isn't KO'd or worse ... foul him immediately.

I play an Ogre team in LRB 5.0 ... so this is the advice that I know best works against me.

Galak

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 12, 2006 - 08:03 AM

Canada
Also, if playing in a league, I would strongly suggest pumping up your fan factor, as if any of your players get krumped by the ogres, you are going to need the cash to replace them!

In any case, it is a good idea to have a high FF during league play.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 12, 2006 - 08:27 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Spazzfist wrote:
Also, if playing in a league, I would strongly suggest pumping up your fan factor, as if any of your players get krumped by the ogres, you are going to need the cash to replace them!

In any case, it is a good idea to have a high FF during league play.
FF isn't as important to have for cash inflow in LRB 5.0 which I'm assuming here since his Ogre team has Snotlings.

Galak

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 12, 2006 - 08:43 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Basic tactics - attack the soft stuff and just tie up the tough stuff.

Use your linemen and BOBs to tie up the Ogres - let your blitzers man mark snotlings and just keep hitting them with 2 or 3 dice blocks with block. The snotlings should die off quickly enough that you can then start ganging up on the Ogres once you've established a big numerical superiority.

Longer term make sure you've a couple of tackle (and MB/Piling On) Blitzers to kill the little guys.

Listen to Galak Wink

DestroyahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2006 - 09:14 PM

Never give ogres free hits. Don't follow up hits and dodge out of tackle zones when possible (especially if they are "Bone-headed" they lose their tackle zone) And don't be afraid of 2-die defender choice hits if you have block.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic