NAF Logo
leftstar May 19, 2024 - 12:22 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Interception! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RottweilerrmeOffline
Post subject: Lizards for a short league  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2006 - 04:31 PM

As the title indicates, i'm going into a league that is going to be about 10 games. Now seeing FF has little to no effect now this is what I had in mind:
5 Skinks, 5 Saurii, 1 Kroxigor, 2 RR, 4 FF. Seeing the league is only 10 games I figured on starting with the krox due to playoff time he would be more reliable. Input is greatly appreciated.

Reply with quote Back to top
stick_with_poo_on_the_endOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 12, 2006 - 12:33 PM

I would want 3 re rolls. Lizzies burn rerolls like they are going out of fashion, especially a rookie team. With no ball handling skills and no block = plenty of turn overs. I would go for:

6 Saurus 480
5 skink 300
3RR 180
FF 4 40

Get an apoth 1st and then the krox.

voyagers_ukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2006 - 06:20 AM

a coach in our league went with the Krox rather than extra rerolls or enlarged bench and is paying for it

he is finding the team very hard to run through a game due to the fragility of the skinks

in most cases starting the 2nd half with 8 players.

BouncergriimOffline
Post subject: development for lizzies  PostPosted: Nov 25, 2006 - 04:32 PM

Ft. Worth Texas
I am also in a short league and looking for suggestions on how to advance my players. So far two wins in and I have no casualties caused (my sauri knock people down but dont hurt them). 2 skinks have skilled up (one sidestep one surefeet).

What would be some suggestions on how to develop as more skinks (and hopefully some sauri) skill up. Please remember this is a short league and I doubt I will roll doubles (bad luck).

PelleOffline
Post subject: RE: development for lizzies  PostPosted: Dec 11, 2006 - 07:09 PM

The first Saurus that skills up should be break tackle, the second block, the third on frenzy. If you should roll a double, take Dodge. For the skinks first sidestep, then surefeet or catch. On a double take Hail mary pass and then give the other skinks diving catch

LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: development for lizzies  PostPosted: Dec 13, 2006 - 08:57 AM
Former President

Undisclosed
Or on a skink, try sneaky git....

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: RE: development for lizzies  PostPosted: Dec 14, 2006 - 04:38 AM

Undisclosed
How about sure hands on a Skink? (Doubles) You now have a reliable ball handler...and one less way to blow Team Re Rolls.

NAF Member #5236
---

CramyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: development for lizzies  PostPosted: Dec 14, 2006 - 11:36 AM

Canada
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
How about sure hands on a Skink? (Doubles) You now have a reliable ball handler...and one less way to blow Team Re Rolls.

What he said. Save the rerolls for failed blocks with the Saurus.

BouncergriimOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: development for lizzies  PostPosted: Dec 14, 2006 - 03:09 PM

Ft. Worth Texas
I like the option that Hail Mary gives. It really is not as useful as sure hands or block on a skink, but it is great to have that threat against opponents and to use it to get the ball away from slow teams.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: development for lizzies  PostPosted: Dec 14, 2006 - 04:10 PM

Canada
      Bouncergriim wrote:
I like the option that Hail Mary gives. It really is not as useful as sure hands or block on a skink, but it is great to have that threat against opponents and to use it to get the ball away from slow teams.

I like that one too. I gave Hail Mary to one of my halflings at the Deathbowl, and found it useful (and it terrified my opponents!). Put Diving Catch on a couple of the other skinks and you have yourself a very viable threat!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

PrimesupremeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: development for lizzies  PostPosted: Dec 14, 2006 - 04:12 PM

USA
The last league I played in my thrower had Hailmary and my WE had diving catch...oh...good times:D

BouncergriimOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: development for lizzies  PostPosted: Dec 14, 2006 - 07:37 PM

Ft. Worth Texas
I really like that option on skinks because they normally can ball worth anything. But that option opens up a lot and reduces fumbles dramatically 2+ inaccurate pass is a dream for a stuntie trying to throw anything longer than a quick pass.

Normally, I avoid passing at all cost with Lizards. The combination of stunties and no agility from the sauri makes passing too risky.

But on first skill choice for non doubles I love side step, the roving wall of TZ from str 2 players can slow any cage and stop many break aways.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic