NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 09:44 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Gobbos: The other green meat. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 11:37 AM
Mekboy

I know I'd drive the 400 miles to Niagara quicker than the 800 miles to Ottawa. But that's just me.

My Tournament Record

Reply with quote Back to top
CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 12:41 PM

Spazzfist wrote:
      CyberHare wrote:
Ottawa is just that much more central to everyone...

This one has been rattling in my head for a while, and have to ask: "central to whom?" I understand if you want to keep it close to you and the Montreal crowd Brian, but if you want to look at the big BB scene, and where it will be more centrally located, then the Falls is definitely the better choice.

Sorry. Yes by central I meant to those who had prevoiusly been attending the event. Keeping it closer to Montreal is a factor. With the DB gone there may not be any BB tournies here in the MTL area. I know Dan spoke of getting one together but that may have fallen through for personal reasons on his part.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 02:31 PM

Canada
In our defence up here (in Ottawa that is), all these tournaments only existed as off last year, and outside of the Dungeonbowl, the only other tournaments in South-eastern Ontario/western Quebec region were in the GTA. So having afew up here is not the end of the world, I just see it as an opporunity to bring this end of Ontario and part of Quebec into the BB community. And the way I see it, if people feel there are the occasional tournaments in their end of the province, they can meet people of the same interests and start having groups that will travel to other tournaments. Before last year, I had no idea how many people played BB in Ottawa, and before I would have maybe travelled to a tournament in Toronto or Montreal, but now that I know there are a fair number and would gladly fill a car up and drive a couple of hours for a fun weekend, since I know there is someone to do it. (I am sorry, but driving to Toronto by myself, to play in a tournament is pretty boring in means of sitting in a car for 8 hours with no one to talk too)

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 04:23 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Well goodluck with running the Death-Bowl in Ottawa, I was trying to get it (came close Shocked ) but it was not to be I guess.

I'm glad its staying in Canada & not being split up.

Am I disapointed? Sure, but I'm also (like I already stated) glad it is staying in one place & not being split up or sold separately.

I know the Ottawa lads (well Glenn, Rob, Chris & Joe anyway) So I know it is in good hands, good luck with it guys & hope to see you all at DB V, VI, VII ect, ect....

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 04:49 PM

Ok everyone. As Rod has already said, Ottawa will be the new home of The Death Bowl. I hope you'll all join me in celebrating The Death Bowl's new home. The Ottawa boys are also gong to need the support of the community to continue on with the Death Bowl tradition so I hope you'll all come together in support for them, as you always have for me, in the days ahead.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 07:33 PM

Canada
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
So having afew up here is not the end of the world, I just see it as an opporunity to bring this end of Ontario and part of Quebec into the BB community. And the way I see it, if people feel there are the occasional tournaments in their end of the province, they can meet people of the same interests and start having groups that will travel to other tournaments. Before last year, I had no idea how many people played BB in Ottawa, and before I would have maybe travelled to a tournament in Toronto or Montreal, but now that I know there are a fair number and would gladly fill a car up and drive a couple of hours for a fun weekend, since I know there is someone to do it. (I am sorry, but driving to Toronto by myself, to play in a tournament is pretty boring in means of sitting in a car for 8 hours with no one to talk too)

Well this speaks exactly to the point that I made earlier. Without a tourney in your area, the likelihood of you making a big journey to one that is many hours away is not likely at all. I would have never gone to the Deathbowl had I not been the to the Spike! (no, no the one that I won, because I am a Spike! champion after all Razzl) and met people like Ben and Clan-Skaven there, who I then travelled up to Deathbowl II with.

With a tourney in your area, you meet people and then make plans to attend other tourneys. Niagara Falls still does not have that, nor does anywhere in the north-eastern USA. There is a huge market that is not being met there. I hope that Rod is able to get one together soon.

Be that as it may, I am not trying to slag anyone, let alone my friends in Ottawa (although I know Glenn never reads these things! Razz) The Deathbowl is in good hands, it is in one piece, and in the end that is what matters.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 05, 2007 - 10:19 AM

Ottawa is still a long ways away from Beantown, eek! But very glad to see the tourney staying intact. I hope something else will spring up in Montreal at some point.

Cheers,
Maureen

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 05, 2007 - 11:00 AM

Canada
Will the tourney coming up in a couple weeks be a deathbowl format now that you guys got it?

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2007 - 09:48 AM

Canada
      Ben wrote:
Will the tourney coming up in a couple weeks be a deathbowl format now that you guys got it?

good question, it wasn't the plan as we arranged this one when we thought we couldn't get the deathbowl.

Might be easier to do mainstream tournament now and the deathbowl in the fall, although we could maybe have a round of 7s/deathbowl.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2007 - 10:28 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
      Ben wrote:

good question, it wasn't the plan as we arranged this one when we thought we couldn't get the deathbowl.

Might be easier to do mainstream tournament now and the deathbowl in the fall, although we could maybe have a round of 7s/deathbowl.

If you do have a deathbowl round, remember to plan accordingly (maybe only 5 games with only the Deathbowl on the final day) as the time it takes to play the Deathbowl round is huge!

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2007 - 09:40 AM

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:
With a tourney in your area, you meet people and then make plans to attend other tourneys. Niagara Falls still does not have that, nor does anywhere in the north-eastern USA. There is a huge market that is not being met there. I hope that Rod is able to get one together soon.

Umm...Beantown Brouhaha and various tournaments from PA and DC???

This is where many of the folks from the North East and Mid-Atlantic Region have met for the first time. Now many of us travel together to go tournaments from Florida, Chicago, Indianapolis, Toronto, Montreal...and now considering on taking the jaunt together to the UK for the big'uns.

I'd say the North Eastern US tourney circuit has done fairly nicely to foster the BB Community.

NAF Member #5236
---

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2007 - 12:02 PM

Canada
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:

These tourneys are still several hours away from the U.S. Canada border. I was being a bit general when I said the northeast. There is still a definite need in the area I was referring to - let's not quibble over semantics.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2007 - 01:15 PM

Undisclosed
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:

This is where many of the folks from the North East and Mid-Atlantic Region have met for the first time. Now many of us travel together to go tournaments from Florida, Chicago, Indianapolis, Toronto, Montreal...and now considering on taking the jaunt together to the UK for the big'uns.

I'd say the North Eastern US tourney circuit has done fairly nicely to foster the BB Community.

toe-MAY-toe
toe-MAH-toe

NAF Member #5236
---

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2007 - 03:42 PM

Canada
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
toe-MAY-toe
toe-MAH-toe

.... let's call the whole thing off.... Razz

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2007 - 05:04 PM

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
toe-MAY-toe
toe-MAH-toe

.... let's call the whole thing off.... Razz

Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic