NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 10:07 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The BBRC is watching you. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BevanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 12:39 AM

In fairness to Babs I think it needs to be said that for quite a long time Cancon was the only major Blood Bowl event, and certainly the only one where the organiser and the majority of coaches came from other cities. This definitely makes it harder than organising an event close to home. I would like to congratulate him for keeping Blood Bowl interest going when there was little outside support.

When CanCon started, league style events were common and it was only after NAF caused a big increase in BB events that reset style became preferred (by some coaches).

Babs did not want to play last year, but he was persauded to play to avoid a bye in every round.

With regard to the Trouts, they do not leave after the first day. In all the events I've attended they stayed for 2 days, so they only missed one game.

Reply with quote Back to top
ClayInfinityOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2007 - 03:20 AM

Australia
Troutie can play... I want to give him a big hug...

And re Chunky's other points - pls make Day Three 2 games... 1 game is a bit meh...

And yes to spreading the prizes!

VirralOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2007 - 06:02 PM

Australia
I have to agree with that, I didn't know what to expect last year as it was my first time, but in all honesty it does seem a bit of a shame to have a whole day in canberra only to play a single game.

BabsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 10, 2007 - 01:03 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Happy to have constructive criticism. However this is the kind of abuse I get. Thanks Chunky for that.

If it had been said in a more constructive manner I would have taken it more seriously.

There are a number of good points in there. If you want me to reply constructively, please state so. Otherwise I will put it down to a bad day or something.

I mean what's the go? Why am I the centre of abuse? Have I wronged you somehow?

Sure, we can all run a tournament - none of us do it perfectly. Most of the issues you raise (not all of them) are a direct result of a large number of coaches wanting the tournament run the way it is.

Washed up old has been.
Ex-official GW Blood Bowl Rules Committee member
Ex-NAF Tournament Organiser, Australasia
Co-Author of the Feudball first novel.

BabsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 10, 2007 - 05:14 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Oh - one last thing. I'm not saying that Viral et al. can't be professional. By all means they most certainly can. However to 'demand' professionalism is a big ask. Namely, to right this issue, a tournament, organised right, can take up to 100+ man hours of organising, advertising/marketing and preparation. To ask a volunteer to do this, as well as internet costs, fuel costs, phone bills, paper, use of a laptop etc etc. It's a big ask. And you're right Chunky - some people do do it - and you're also right in that I don't make that grade. I do the best I can in the time I have. Which is still a lot of hours, when there are a lot of other things that that time can be spent on. (like sleep for me right now).

Washed up old has been.
Ex-official GW Blood Bowl Rules Committee member
Ex-NAF Tournament Organiser, Australasia
Co-Author of the Feudball first novel.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic