NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 07:20 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That troll is soo stupid rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TaxalOffline
Post subject: Possible Montreal Tourney ???  PostPosted: Feb 06, 2007 - 10:38 AM

Canada
Ok after playing in the C.C.K. a couple of weeks ago, and hearing how some of you hope there will be another tourney in Montreal. Well good news !!

I am in the early ( and I do mean early ) stages of organizing something for Montreal. It will not be this year at all. I was going to try for after Death Bowl in Ottawa, but with a possible Niagara Falls tourney in September, it was a no for this year. Just do not want the boys from Toronto, Ottawa and N. Falls missing it. Three months in a row of convincing the wife to play with our toys might be abit much. Also with me moving this year it just won`t happen.

So far I am shooting for a early June `08. I would like to hear some feedback on this if possible.

I`m looking at 6 games....3 regular and 3 of 7`s....but with feedback it might change....
Also if it stays that way I will be making all the boards. They will be flip sided....one side regular...one side 7`s.

Also have started talking to a couple of stores for sponsorship. Looking at holding it in or close to the downtown core ( for you that want to party Saturday night ).

It should be called something in the line of...MOBBO Challenge. MOBBO is a Blood Bowl group that I am in the process of getting organized. All goes well it will be starting in the summer of this year. Stands for...

Montreals Official Blood Bowl Organization

Well let me know what you think about it.

Dan

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Possible Montreal Tourney ???  PostPosted: Feb 06, 2007 - 12:49 PM

Canada
Would love the idea of another Montreal tourney, as I am sure many of us would! Montreal is a fun town to visit!

Will keep that one in mind, although to be honest, I am not sure how popular a tourney with three games of 7s is going to be!

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Possible Montreal Tourney ???  PostPosted: Feb 06, 2007 - 03:48 PM

Canada
Keen for montreal, closer than Toronto Smile

I would love 3 games of 7s, actually, i would love 6 games of 7s. But i take spazz's point, some people might not, maybe do a poll?

the only thing about June is its kinda summer, although i have no idea when 'school' summer is in canada. So early june probably isn't summer, and I am just talking garbage, sigh.

So in sumary, Keen!

JTB

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Canada
Although June 2008 is really, really far away, I'm keen. I'm not a big fan of 7's though. But that won't stop me from going.

Marc-Andre

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2007 - 08:02 AM

Canada
I would recommend that if you were going to play 7's, have one game each day and two regular BB games each day. That way, it mixes it up and keeps the time shorter, but still plays mostly regular BB. I personally like 7's, and would be interested to play a tournament of it. JOE!?!?! thats your next project.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2007 - 08:07 AM

Canada
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
I personally like 7's, and would be interested to play a tournament of it. JOE!?!?! thats your next project.

I hear you Mark, we'll see what we can do......................

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2007 - 08:11 AM

Canada
I am in for a tournament in Montreal, no matter the setup. As long as I get to go to the "ballet" afterwards. There are so many shows in Montreal.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2007 - 08:16 AM

Canada
Y'know I have heard a lot about the "ballet" in Montreal but have never gone - going to have to go if I make it to this tourney! Hear it is worth the while!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 11, 2007 - 07:23 PM

Montreal, yay! Just try to coordinate with Melifaxis on the Beantown Brouhaha date. 2 weeks apart at least would be good.

The ArisiaBowl this year was all Minor League format and went quite well. All the players liked it. You might want to consider that format, check the ArisiaBowl link for details. A straight 7's tournament favours the dashy teams, a straight Streetbowl tournament favours the bashy teams, mixing them up in the Grand Minors format keeps more team types in the running and a fun tactical choice of homefield.

Cheers,
Maureen

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic