NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 05:40 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Triple Skulls. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spunkyOffline
Post subject: pro elf team for tournament?  PostPosted: Apr 26, 2007 - 02:59 AM

Playing in a few tournaments with 1,100,000gp tp spend on my pro-elf team. All injuries heal for next game. I am undecided about which team to field.

My proposed elf teams are:

2 catchers
2 blitzers
2 throwers
6 line elves
3rr
the rest split over FanFactor, Cheer Leaders and Assistant Coaches

or

as above but with 3 catchers, 1 thrower and only 2 re-rolls.

I like the sound of 3 catchers, it would really put my opponent out. However, I do find re-rolls of value with a pro elf team as there are no players with sure hands/dodge skills.

When giving skills during the tournament (1 skill before each game), I'm thinking of:

Game 1: blitzer with strip ball OR catcher with leap
Game 2: Catcher with jump up OR diving catch OR thrower with NOS
Game 3: Catcher with pass block or blitzer with dodge
Game 4: Thrower with sure hand or dump off
Game 5: Catcher with sure hands or side step
Game 6: unsure

Any suggestions?

Spunky

Reply with quote Back to top
UtakOffline
Post subject: RE: pro elf team for tournament?  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2007 - 08:09 AM

I am also planning to field (Pro) Elves the next tourney.
I did quite okay with Team Value 100 on the Dungeon Bowl 07 with following setup:
2 Blitzers
3 Catchers
1 Thrower
5 Lineman
2 Rerolls

Skills were:
1x Leader Thrower (3rd Reroll)
2x Dodge Blitzer
2x Dodge Catcher
1x Block Catcher

With Team Value 110 I have 3 setups in mind:
1st Setup 12 players
2 Blitzer
3 Catcher
7 Lineman
3 Rerolls
1 Cheerleader
1 Assi. Coach
Skills: Dodge Blitzer , Leap/Dodge Blitzer, 2x Dodge Catcher, 1x Block Catcher

2nd Setup 11 players
2 Blitzer
4 Catcher
5 Lineman
3 Rerolls
2 Cheerleader
1 Assi. Coach
Skills: Dodge Blitzer, Dodge Blitzer, 2x Dodge Catcher, 1x Block Catcher

3rd Setup 12 players
2 Blitzer
4 Catcher
1 Thrower
5 Lineman
2 Rerolls
1 Assi. coach
Skills: 1x Leader Thrower ,Dodge Blitzer, Leap/Dodge Blitzer, 2x Dodge Catcher

3 Rerolls is a must have , forget about FF, it is all about the 2D6 roll for fame, so having a decent FF is not that important any longer.
As Elves tend to die fast (av 7) it is important to give skills like dodge or block first.
Skills like Pass Block, Jump Up or Diving Catch are not worth giving imo, because you will not use them very often in a tourney enviroment.

Strip Ball on a blitzer is nice, considering that you can reach the ball carrier and he/she has no sure hands. Leap could be handy to get into the cage, but most of the time the ballcarrier will have block or dodge (or both) , so you have a small chance to knock him down. You should not have problems scoring whilst in offense, so leap here is nice but not a must have. I had problems with caging teams the last time, so maybe kick is worth considering on a lineman or even leap on a blitzer like I mentioned.
Dump Off on a Thrower is nice, but those Tacklezones around your Thrower means -1 or -2 or even more modification on the quick pass roll. Dump Off is nice with NOS, but without not really a skill I would give to a thrower.

Sure Hands is nice against Stip Ball Wardancers, otherwise Reroll savers from time to time.
I usually prefer to give Sure Hand to AG3 players in a tournament, not AG4 as I prefer a running or passing game with elves, so its all about the 2+ pick up roll.
As the catchers come along with NOS and catch 2+ (except pouring rain or disturbing presence) on ball handling is very nice.

Last edited by Utak on Apr 30, 2007 - 11:32 AM; edited 1 time in total

MeradanisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2007 - 05:09 AM

Germany
I'm going to play with (Pro) Elves on the same tourney as Utak.

Since I've never played them before in a tournament, I spend quite some time generating different starting rosters. I'd go with 12 players, since you will be outbashed otherwise. Getting 3 RR's seems essential, too.

1st setup: 12 players
2 Blitzer
2 Thrower
2 Catcher
3 RR's
1 FF
1 AC
1 CL

2st setup: 12 players
2 Blitzer
2 Thrower
3 Catcher
2 RR's
2 FF
1 AC
1 CL

Skill choices: I'd get a free RR by giving 'Leader' to one of my throwers, especially when playing with setup #2. I like the idea of 'Kick' on a lineman, to have some game control against slow bashers. 'Strip Ball' on a Catcher (MA8 and ST3 is great) could be very effective, too. Since the combo of 'SideStep' and 'Blodge' is a potential match winner, I'd go that route for both of my blitzers.

No 'Block' or 'Dodge' for the catchers in my setups because I don't want to amass skills on AV7 players (they already start with 2 very good skills). And since Nuffle hates us all, giving them Dodge will result in 'Both Down' results only, and vice versa.

I'll never play a tournament again without any Fan Factor, because last time my opponents achieved +1 FAME half of the time, and +2 FAME those other games. In combination with 1-2 Pitch Invasions every game, it's been a miracle that I did win some games...

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2007 - 12:43 PM

United States of America
Giving Leap to Pro Elf catchers works well. Catch it with nerves of steel and then leap out for the TD.

Defense with them is a different story. Skull

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic