NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 11:34 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Halfling team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ColinOffline
Post subject: da GROTS Kup, April 28, Red Deer, AB  PostPosted: Feb 06, 2007 - 04:34 PM

The GROTS (Greater RedDeer Organisation for Tactical Silliness) gaming club and BB league are proud to present the third annual GROTS Kup being held at Comusoft-the Games Store at 2067A 50th (Gaetz) AVE in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.

The format will be a four round league style, meaning that there will be no resetting of rosters after each game or automatic skills given. Players will earn SPPs and will increase skills as per normal league rules. Death and injuries will affect teams as normal and winnings after the match will be generated as normal league rules.
LRB 5.0 rules wil be used so inducements, journeymen, star players, and mercenaries are all available.
Rosters will be TV 110 to start, though you may save up to 100K of that to spend on inducements for the first match only, therefor a minimum of one million GPs have to be spent on the starting roster (though you may spend all 1100K on the roster, you do not HAVE to save any for inducements).

Bring your own boards, templates and dice if you have them along with your team and 2 copies of the roster. Teams should be painted to at least a 3 colour standard, based and clearly numbered. Points are awarded for painting so you won't get those points for showing up with an unpainted team.
You may use your own dice but must allow an apponant to use them if he wishes (don't bring any dice you don't want others to touch) Wink
Standard d6s only, none with a symbol one one side instead of a number.
Impact combp block/d6 dice can be used.

There will be prizes for the overall champion and runner-up. As well there will be prizes for most TDs (Greedy GROT award ) and most CAS caused (Killa GROT award).
Best Team (Artsy GROT) award will be not only for best painted but conversions, basing and any extra work done will be taken into account.
Best Defence ('Ard GROT) award will be given to the coach who has the lowest amount ot TDs scored against him.
The most sporting prize (Sporty GROT award) will go to the coach with the most sportmanship points (awarded by the other coaches).
Lastly there will be a consolation prize for the coach who suffered the most CAS against him, Da Weedy GROT award.

The schedule for the day will be as follows;

9:00-10:00am Registration
10:00-12:00 Game One
12;00-12:30 Lunch
12:30-2:30pm Game Two
2:30-3:00pm Break
3:00-5:00pm Game Three
5:30-5:30pm Break
5:30-7:30pm Game Four
7:30-8:00pm Awards presentations

Along with trohpies, there will be prizes supplied by Impact! Minatures, Heresy Minatures, Hasslefree Minatures, and possibly GW.

More info to follow

Last edited by Colin on Apr 20, 2007 - 09:26 AM; edited 2 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2007 - 05:49 PM

Another update;

Points are as follows;

5 points for a win
3 points for a tie
1 point for a loss
0 points for a forfiet or concession

Games must be finished in the 2hour time limit as the post game sequence must me done (roll for winnings, new skills, hire journeymen, etc). All rolls MUST be witnessed by your opponant or they won't count.
Any games that do not get finished in the time limit will suffer a -1 penalty.

Painting poings will be a maximum 6 points
1 point for minimum 3 colours
1 point for highlighting, shading, etc.
1 point for basing (flock is a minimum, painting bases green is not enough)
1 point for clear numbering (on base or model)
2 points for overall impression (includes conversions if any, any extra effort and quality workmanship in painting, basing, and/or converting)
Converted minis must look like the race intended and must have easily recognised positions (this can include base rings). Any star players used must be the offical models or an uniquely converted model of the SP's race. Negative points may be earned if there is an overall negative impression (using proxy figs, unpainted, un-numbered or not clearly numbered, etc) which will be up to the decression of the judges.

The Bwst Team award be voted on by all coaches by ballot. The top 3 best teams will be picked by judges (they will have to meet the requirements for the painting points) and it will be these that will be voted on for the prize.

Sportsmanship
After the 4 rounds are played, each coach will rate their opponants, giving the best sporting cooach 4 points and ranking the rest in order down to 1 for the lest sporting.

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2007 - 04:51 PM

Got word from Andy at GW that they will be sponsoring the tourney as well, by sending some prizes.

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2007 - 09:19 AM

Those who may be attending please let me know what you think about having a starting team value of 110. I am thinking of doing this for the tourney. Teams would have to spend at least 1 milliion GP, and sould save the extra 100K but it would have to be used to buy inducements for the first game. Of course you could spend 1.050K on your team and use 50K for inducements, or spend all 1100K for the starting roster).

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2007 - 06:04 PM

Though I have had no comments, I have decided that I will go with the TV 110 starting rosters and will edit the main tourney info.

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2007 - 09:30 AM

Bump.

Just a reminder for those who might be planning on attending this as it's coming up next week. Hope to see eveyone from last year as well as some new people. Sure to be a fun time.

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2007 - 08:49 AM

The tourney was played yesterday, with 10 people attending (down 2 from last year). Sean Conrad (Balbaroy) won the event and Dave Sutton (Da Scum) was runner-up. I'll post some pics and more info later on today.

BTW, though I got all the NAF member's NAF numbers, I forgot to get everyone's username (the only 2 I know are the ones mentioned above), so I can enter the results until I get them. So please, NAF members who attended please let me know what your username is so that I can get the results posted in the ranking system.

Thanks.

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2007 - 09:38 AM

Undisclosed
      Torg wrote:
The tourney was played yesterday, with 10 people attending (down 2 from last year). Sean Conrad (Balbaroy) won the event and Dave Sutton (Da Scum) was runner-up. I'll post some pics and more info later on today.

BTW, though I got all the NAF member's NAF numbers, I forgot to get everyone's username (the only 2 I know are the ones mentioned above), so I can enter the results until I get them. So please, NAF members who attended please let me know what your username is so that I can get the results posted in the ranking system.

Thanks.

Well I know Rick French goes under Wolfhowl if that helps, not sure about the others.

We all had a blast and look forward to bringing even more screaming and gooning fans down for the next one! Laughing

Right now I'm having to deal with a player "Hack" who now insists that he gets his own "tray" inside the minatures case...sheesh he has ONE good tournament and now there's ego problems. Rolling Eyes Laughing

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2007 - 10:03 AM

Thanks Dave, I remember that Rick told me his username yesterday, but I forgot it.
I do need Sheldon Towey's username, maybe you could ask him.

Anyway, instead of posting all the pics again here, just follow the link to TBB to view the pics. You can leave comments here or there, whatever you wish.

http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=400848#400848

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2007 - 10:06 AM

Results, listed as Wins, losses (as there were no ties) and those tied with the same record the tie-breaker wast total points and then TD differential.

1. Sean Conrad - Bond Girls (Amazon) - 4, 0 - 33pts Best Defense (1 TD against)
2. David Sutton - Reboot (humans) - 3, 1 - 32pts Most TDs (16), Most CAS caused (12)
3. Dale Maa - Passing Fancy (High Elf) - 3. 1 - 26pts (+8 TD diff)
4. Gerry Hodgens - Da Rippas (orc) - 3, 1 - 26pts (+6 TD diff) Best Team
5. Norm Weller - Air Attack (Dark Elf) - 3, 1 -24pts Most CAS suffered (11)
6. Rick French - Knights of the Crimson King (Chaos) - 2, 2 - 27pts
7. Carson Jarvis - Crush (orc) - 1, 3 - 25pts Most Sporting
8. Scott McGaffin - Meat Puppets (Necro) - 1, 3 - 21pts
9. Shane Fox/Keenan Keaton - Haven (skaven) - 0, 4 - 18pts
10. Sheldon Towey - RvB (Norse) - 0, 4 - 14pts

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2007 - 10:17 AM

As far as using league style for tournaments, I probably won't do it agian, just to cut down on the time with the pre and psot match stuff. The inducements seemed to the job, didn't see anyone getting totally creamed becasuse they took alot of CAS. The guy with the most CAS against finished in the middle of the pack (5th), while the guy with the least CAS against (he played orc) finished one above him (4th).
If you have the extra time for the pre and post match stuff, there's no real reason against not using a league style tourney, comes down to personal taste, I guess. Wink

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2007 - 08:47 PM

Results are entered, just waiting for Ben to push the magic button (whatever that is).

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic