NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 05:24 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Astro-granite helps break strong bones 12 ways. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Glorian_UnderhillOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: How Do I Cope With A Deathroller?  PostPosted: Jun 07, 2007 - 02:00 AM

Draco wrote:
Try and get the deathroller in the direction of the sideline and then push him of.

I wanna see how you push a Stand Firm Player into the crowd. Very Happy

Now the Perspective of a Death Roller User. Usually I field him on a Tournament with 1.100.000 gcs.
2 Re Rolls, every Positional, 1 blocker as reserve.

The Death Roller is just the best big guy around. And with all your advices you are just doing everything I hoped he would achieve.

Advice 1. Get your big guy and 2 assistents to block him.
PERFECT!
Next turn the Stand Firm Death Roller stands up and 3 of you players are pinned.
AV 10 means that even against fouls he is quite resilient.

Advice 2. Avoid him.
PERFECT!
I can use the Death Roller to Blitz into the biggest bunch of opponents and pinn them.

Advice 3. Score Quikly.
PERFECT!
The biggest Problem of the dwarfs was that the opponent stalls 2 or 3 turns before your endzone. Then You have only 4 to 5 Turns to score back. Sometimes not enough time for a dwarf Player.
With the Deathroller hold 2 or 3 paces behind the sideline I can Blitz with the Ball carrier Cage and can Dodge with Break Tackle into every 3 Tackle zones at a 2+. And re rolls can been used as there is no Loner.

Advice 4. Get yarself a Lineman
So the only soundabel advice is this. Get two cheap players and Tackle him. But make it right. Tackle him from two different directions. After he has Blocked or Blitzed one of them he couldn go after because his main task is to pin players. And if he doesnt pin at least 2 players he has no additional benifit for the team as a Blocker can do the same job.

Reply with quote Back to top
SolarFlareOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: How Do I Cope With A Deathroller?  PostPosted: Jun 07, 2007 - 07:06 AM

Sure the deathroller is good, but it's not that good.

It's only one player that goes off after the first drive it's in. If my opponent has a deathroller, then he is missing something else (slayer, blitzer...?)

If you score quickly while the roller is on the field, sure the stall is over, but the dwarf comes back with one less player--the deathroller.

Tying up the roller with a lineman, especially an orc lineman, is just an effective way to limit the damage it's going to do.

Don't get me wrong, the roller can be effective, but I'm not buying that it can neutralize all opposition tactics.

A developed dwarf team with 8 players with guard and mighty blow is much more scary...

DarkDancer17Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: How Do I Cope With A Deathroller?  PostPosted: Jun 07, 2007 - 08:50 AM

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
How do you push a stand firm player?

Juggernaut. Smile

tomrosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2007 - 06:53 AM

Maryland U.S.A.
      Spazzfist wrote:
Curious to hear how the advice worked against the Deathroller.

I played the game and the deathroller was not very effective. Though it pretty much rolled around wherever it felt like it it did not break my human armour once. I'm not really sure how to keep the thing under control with its strength as agility skill. The only thing I could come up with was to mob it with four or five guys. Like I said though I pretty much ignored it and it got crappy rolls, so I suppose I may have just gotten lucky.

Last edited by tomros on Jun 13, 2007 - 10:53 AM; edited 1 time in total

DarkDancer17Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2007 - 10:00 AM

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Well, it can only use Break Tackle once a turn, if it has it?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic