NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 01:36 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Waterbowl are overrated rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: New Q'ermitt Pitch -- Dwarves  PostPosted: Feb 18, 2007 - 04:55 PM

Canada
For those who don't know, "The Challenge of Q'ermitt" is a tourney which features custom built boards that represent different races and geographical regions from around the world.

After last year's tourney, I made a poll on the Q'ermitt website that asked people what race they would like to see represented at this year's event. Dwarves won. Well actually, they were tied with wood elves, but I have more ideas for the dwarves so I went with them.

Here are the rules that I have come up with - would appreciate any and all feedback.

Dwarf Pitch:

The Playing Field:
The dwarf pitch is built underground on the only material that the dwarves consider to be ???respectable and proper??? for a blood Bowl pitch ??? astrogranite. This unforgiving surface will add +1 to all armour rolls made when a player is knocked down (by blocks, failed dodges, etc ??? not fouls)

Weather Table:
2 - Earth Tremor - The begins to shake and rumble making it difficult for players to stand. Once the players are set up roll a d6 for every player on the field. On the roll of a 1 they are knocked off their feet and placed face up on the pitch (no roll for armour or injury is made).

3-12 ??? Nice. (Weather doesn???t play much of a part in an underground stadium!)

Deathroller Zamboni:
Short of picking up litter off the field, the job of maintaining the astrogranite pitch is so easy that even a senile, blind dwarf could do it! What a coincidence then that they in fact do have a senile, blind dwarf operating the Deathroller that is used to skewer all the litter on the field. Unfortunately being senile and blind, he is not always aware of when the games are still in play and will go out onto the field at the wrong times!

Rules:
Placement: If the Deathroller result is rolled on the kick off table, each coach should roll a d6, the lower roll having the Deathroller appear somewhere in his endzone. The opposing coach rolls a d16 to determine which square it appears in in the end zone (counting from left to right). As there are 15 squares, should the coach roll a 16, then he or she may choose where the Deathroller is placed.

Movement:
The Deathroller will move from one endzone to the other in a perfectly straight line (unless pushed back by one of the players), running over players that get in his way. At the end of each coach???s turn roll 1d6, this is how many squares forward the Deathroller will move. Any players struck will be attacked as per a regular Deathroller (all pushbacks will be straight back ??? remaining in the path of the Deathroller). If pushed back, and the Deathroller still has movement left, then the player will be attacked again (and again and again) until either one of them goes down, or the Deathroller runs out of movement.

Running Over Players:
If the Deathroller should move over a prone player, then leave them there, and treat the movement over them as the foul action. Should the Deathroller???s movement leave them on top of the player, then roll a d8 and pop the player out into that square (as long as it is not occupied).

Tackle Zones:
The Deathroller does not exert any tackle zones, so players may choose to move around him freely as they wish, without penalty. Likewise, the Deathroller will never have to make rolls to leave a tackle zone. The players have more real threats to worry about!

Opposing the Deathroller:
Should players choose to attack the Deathroller, for whatever reason, then they are allowed to do so as per normal. Should the Deathroller be pushed back, then it will continue it???s journey toward the opposing end zone in the column of squares that it was pushed to (it still moves in a straight line).

Should the Deathroller be knocked down for any reason, then it is taken off the field, and a casualty may be awarded to the team that hurt it (if indeed a casualty was caused).

Duration:
The Deathroller will remain on the pitch until it has moved off the table edge at the opposite end at which point it remains off for the rest of the game (unless rolled again on another kick off result).

If the drive should end before the Deathroller is finished it???s journey, then remove it.

Kick off Table:

2 ??? Song of the Fallen Heroes ??? the dwarves break into a song remembering their fallen heroes and the honour with which they lived. It is so inspiring that all players are compelled to play with honour. That means no fouling for the rest of the drive!

3 ??? Blitz! (as per normal kick off rules)

4 - Deathroller Zamboni (see rules above)

5 ??? Brilliant Coaching (as per normal kick off rules)

6 ??? Quick Snap ??? (as per normal kick off rules)

7 - Weather Change (roll again on the weather table)

8 - Loose Keg ??? Two drunken dwarves have knocked a keg loose which has come crashing down to settle on the pitch. Both coaches should roll a d6, the coach with the higher score may place the keg in either one of the side zones. Any player who starts his movement in the ???Tackle Zone??? of the keg must first roll for bonehead before making any moves (this is not cumulative with other Bonehead or Stupid players). If they fail, they may not move away from the keg, as they help themselves to its contents. Any player who is in the Tackle Zone of the keg also loses their own as they are too busy drinking (or reminiscing how they used to in the case of undead).

9 - Cheering Fans (as per normal kick off rules)

10 ??? Noob Trollslayer - a young disgraced dwarf warrior has decided to end his life by taking on the players on the pitch. The player will come on the pitch in the middle of one of the end zones (randomly determined), and move towards and attack the nearest upright player (randomize if more than one same distance apart). He will remain on the pitch until the drive is over or he is physically removed (i.e. KO???d or casualty).

He has the following stats:
MA:5 S:3 A:2 AV:7 Skills: Dauntless, Frenzy

11 ??? Bomb! Each coach should roll 2d6 and add their team???s fan factor (re-rolling any ties). A randomly selected player on the losing side is hit by a lobbed bomb. The player hit will be knocked over as though hit by a player with mighty blow. Also, any player in that player???s tackle zone will be moved pushed back and put prone on a roll of 4+. Push back rules should apply as though they were hit by the player who was initially struck by the bomb (pushbacks decided by the owning coach). Players hit by the secondary blast must make rolls for armour, but without the mighty blow. (There is no chance to intercept this bomb.)

12 ??? Book of Grudges ??? the dwarves read pages from the Book of Grudges, recalling all the past wrongs that have been caused to them (and to other races ??? the dwarves are very thorough). Each coach rolls a d6 the higher coach???s team is so incensed by the wrongs done to their race, that they will exact vengeance! All players will have the Dirty Player skill for the remainder of the drive. If both coaches tie the roll, then both teams have the skill. (Any dwarf teams playing on this pitch may add +1 to this roll)

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
angryrobOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2007 - 06:51 PM

Sound like fun, dangerous but fun

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2007 - 08:28 PM

Canada
interesting. LIke the deathroller zamboni

Where are the rules for the other pitches Craig?

JTB

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2007 - 08:47 PM

Canada
PM me your e-mail and I will send them to you.

But a lot of them are in this section, and otherwise they can be found on the Q'ermitt website.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2007 - 06:56 AM

Canada
I was thinking about the "Book of Grudges" result, and wondering whether that really fits. The whole Dity Player thing seems a bit too sneaky to me. These people are supposed to be enraged. I was thinking of this alternative instead:

Coaches roll off. One randomly selected playeron the losing side is announced in the Book of Grudges as having committed some heinous crimes against the other team's race (both in case of ties). All players on the opposing team have the skills Mighty Blow and Frenzy when attacking that player.

How does that sound?

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2007 - 07:04 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
I was thinking about the "Book of Grudges" result, and wondering whether that really fits. The whole Dity Player thing seems a bit too sneaky to me. These people are supposed to be enraged. I was thinking of this alternative instead:

Coaches roll off. One randomly selected playeron the losing side is announced in the Book of Grudges as having committed some heinous crimes against the other team's race (both in case of ties). All players on the opposing team have the skills Mighty Blow and Frenzy when attacking that player.

How does that sound?

Thats better, but what if its a game of Human vs Human, would both teams get MB & Frenzy while attacking that player? LOL. I'm just hacking on ya.

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2007 - 07:12 AM

Canada
      Clan-Skaven wrote:
Thats better, but what if its a game of Human vs Human, would both teams get MB & Frenzy while attacking that player? LOL. I'm just hacking on ya.

Rod

I see you point..... I guess the desire to win overrides their hatred. Hate to be that poor bastard in the dressing room afterwards though! Laughing

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2007 - 07:38 AM

Canada
I like the alteration, especially if the random player turns out to be a wardancer Smile

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2007 - 08:00 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
I like the alteration, especially if the random player turns out to be a wardancer Smile

Or a Bull Centaur!

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2007 - 08:22 AM

Canada
Grrr..... I would prefer a Gutter Runner! Twisted Evil

ScuroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2007 - 01:25 AM

Undisclosed

i only say one thing this is spectacular .... and the idea of the Dethroller Zamboni ...i can't believe it !!!!!! you're very good

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic