NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 05:33 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Griff Oberwald should retire. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject: NAF World Cup tickets  PostPosted: May 28, 2007 - 08:32 PM

Undisclosed
The ticket cost for the World Cup PER PERSON is 45 GBP. This will include AT LEAST the following:
a. THREE days of Blood Bowl;
b. lunch and dinner on Friday Oct. 19, lunch and dinner on Saturday Oct 20, and lunch on Sunday Oct 21;
c. a limited edition TEAM of miniatures being made especially for this event;
d. a Welcome Party on Thursday Oct 18 and a theme party on Saturday Oct 19;
e. plus trophies and other prizes throughout the event.

The registration process will be posted in the next day or two as the staff works with the RTCs and Tournament Director to finalize the initial team allotments per area/country....

We believe this price is a great value and strongly encourage coaches to form their teams immediately as priority during the first round of registration will be given to teams that are completely formed and ready to go.

For further information or questions please send PM,

Old Man Monkey

Last edited by Old_Man_Monkey on Aug 04, 2007 - 01:51 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
RyanOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF World Cup tickets  PostPosted: Jun 04, 2007 - 05:47 AM

Canvey Island, Essex

Is this event open only to NAF members as my mat wasn't at this years Blood Bowl GT to renew his membership (He was in Spain on his Hols)

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF World Cup tickets  PostPosted: Jun 04, 2007 - 05:57 AM

Undisclosed
Yes, the World Cup is for NAF members only; however you can renew on this website, or join/renew on site at the World Cup.

RyanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 04, 2007 - 11:35 AM

Canvey Island, Essex

OK thanks mate I'll let him know

MagicDaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 04, 2007 - 02:40 PM

England
Wow thats a good price for three days of BB with Food and a new team Very Happy

Good work!

hoomin_erraOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2007 - 05:31 AM

Scotland
AND a free party on Thursday and Saturday with all booze paid for by the NAF

I love you guys!!

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2007 - 07:21 AM

Undisclosed
hmmm... not sure about the booze, Hooom...
BUT THE REST IS TRUE!

TopperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2007 - 07:38 PM

Denmark

Hmm so there is a free team for everyone????
As far as I have understood, there is one team drawn at random for each round (9 teams in total)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2007 - 06:26 AM

Undisclosed
Yes, there is an entire TEAM being made just for this World Cup...!

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 11, 2007 - 04:44 AM

Undisclosed
I have re-posted the procedure for coaches to purchase tickets for the NAF World Cup during the open ticket phase. This final stage of the ticket purchase process will begin on Monday, July 16th, 2007 at 8:00AM - GMT. Requests for tickets before this time cannot be honored as we are striving to make the procedure as fair and as open as possible.

"Tthere will be an online registration on this site for anyone or any team wishing to participate and it will be strictly first come (first paid), first served.... There will be an Topic opened in the "Announcements" section on the NAF website, visible to all, for which a coach will post their desire for ticket(s), at which time the coach will have forty-eight ( 48 ) hours to deliver the required information (as above) via PM to a NAF officer, and pay for their ticket(s).

No more than six (6) tickets, or one team, will be allowed at a time and all the necessary information as previously posted will be required for each place. Member names and NAF numbers will be verified, and every precaution taken to prevent the hording of tickets and to insure the sale of tickets to only those members who wish to attend.

I will PM each coach with an acknowledgement of the receipt of their payment via Paypal and edit their post with a PAID marker. After these tickets have been purchased, we will ask that coaches continue to post their interest for tickets so that any teams which lose a member can then contact those coaches.

We will continue to sell the remaining tickets until all are sold or until August 19th, at which time we must notify Games-Workshop of the total number of coaches we expect."

It appears now that 288 tickets will be the final number, so there will be only 30 tickets available on the date we start.

This is the most open and fair way we can see to do this - everyone will see the order/posting time of each request and I will do my best to maintain the tracking of the payments. On one hand I regret there not being more tickets at this phase, on the other I am very pleased that the team requests were so strong....

Please post here with any questions.

Old Man Monkey

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2007 - 07:18 AM

Undisclosed
For those coaches who are attending as a SUBSTITUTE for a team, please DO NOT purchase one of the open registration tickets - these places are for coaches who wish to be part of a six-member team and are not yet part of an announced team. The organizing committee will develop the procedures to register and pay for any coaches attending the World Cup as a SUBSTITUTE for an existing team. The most likely procedure will be that a substitute will be able to register as part of a team, with the approval of the Team Captain and the RTC for the area, and pay for a separate pass after August 20th, when we have finalized the list of team and open registrations... The ticket cost will be the same, as a substitute will receive all the benefits of a team coach: meals, premiums, etc.

Please PM me directly if you have any questions.

OMM

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2007 - 02:40 AM

Undisclosed
Announcement to all Members regarding Open Ticket Registration for the NAF World Cup::

After several long discussions with the GW Events Team and the managers of the White Hart pub, the ticket cap (the maximum number of seats) for this October's World Cup has been changed to Two Hundred Seventy-Six (276). As this is a slight change in the figure previously announced, I wanted to let the membership know of the several reasons for this decision.

First, there was some concern about being able to host all the coaches together in one venue should the number grow by too much more - the event is now already divided into two locations and bringing a third location into the mix seemed far too unwieldy.

There is also the need to proceed with the finalization of the programme and the logistics of all the activities being planned - without reaching a final number, this planning and development of the event cannot progress.

There also was the concern of not having enough volunteers to run the event efficiently. At the current level, there need be only six (6) tickets sold and the current volunteer pool is sufficient to handle this if needed - but add one more ticket sold (7) and five more volunteers are needed! The tournament had been budgeted with a Two Hundred Forty (240) coach target since the outset and the interest and enthusiasm has far exceeded this number - the response has been superb.

Finally it appears that nearly all of those coaches aware and willing to venture to Nottingham UK for an October's weekend of Blood Bowl have made their plans and become already a part of the legend... there is room for one (1) more team and then everyone can make their plans for Nottingham.

As I've posted, we have already exceeded expectations by 15% of the number we thought would come - (Deathwing, looks as if you win the wager!). I trust the members will understand the need to now make final preparations and begin putting up the information each captain and team member will need.

As of this date, the tournament is subscribed with 270 coaches with tickets numbers 270, 272, 273, 274, 275, and 276 remaining (the slight out of sequence occured when two tickets were returned....) and I of course strongly encourage anyone who has not yet purchased a ticket to do so immediately....

Once again, and not for the last time, I want to thank everyone who has expressed interest and helped with this event. It should truly be a remarkable three days of Blood Bowl and hopefully will demonstrate to many the NAF's strength and resolve in support of the game of Blood Bowl.... as well as be one heckuva good time!

Thanks again - please PM me with any questions or concerns.

Jim Lanier
Old Man Monkey
NAF Treasurer

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic