NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 02:39 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
It's like chess only... different. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject: NAF World Cup playing pitches  PostPosted: Sep 17, 2007 - 08:21 AM

Undisclosed
This morning I received a partial shipment of the NAF World Cup pitches that will be used next month at the first ever World Cup. They were designed by Yavatol and produced by Impact Miniatures. I can only manage a eye-popping, jaw-dropping WOW to the final result: printed on vinyl and placed on the back of a Streetbowl board, these pitches are simply beautiful! I and I'm sure the staff could not be more pleased with the final result.

I'm sorry that my camera was broken this weekend as the National Champion Florida Gators put an old-fashioined ass-whuppin' on the Volunteers of Tennessee, but I will try to get a picture up in the next day or two - these boards are truly unique and wonderful.

My personal heartfelt thanks goes out to my good friend Galak for helping so very much to make these boards happen.... many of the framing projects around this first WC have succeeded due to Tom's, and Impact's, efforts. Full marks, gentleman - this one is a Long Bomb TD on turn 8.... well, maybe turn 7, but you know what I mean. Job very well done!

Jim Lanier
OMM

PS These boards will be sold at the conclusion of the World Cup - we have not quite yet decided on the process. The boards, as with all the playing and tournament materials, will be offered to participants first, then to the membership at large. These include:

a. pencils
b. patches
c. Tee shirts

and anthing else we can think of.... !

OMM

Last edited by Old_Man_Monkey on Oct 06, 2007 - 05:14 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
juergenOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF World Cup playing pitches  PostPosted: Sep 17, 2007 - 10:28 AM
Mekboy

Undisclosed

yes Smile can't await it

LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF World Cup playing pitches  PostPosted: Sep 17, 2007 - 10:33 AM
Former President

Undisclosed
And the Pencils were delivered to this morning Jim....

MorpheousOffline
Post subject: NAf Boards  PostPosted: Sep 17, 2007 - 11:39 AM

As far as how to distibute them, perhaps this might work.

Anyone who is interested in purchasing a board, should put their name in a box by Game 8.

While game is being played, you can draw out the first 50, then post the names up and after the tourney, they swing by and buy their board.

Just a thought.

Also.... Any Idea as to the cost of the board?

-Schawn

28 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: NAF World Cup playing pitches  PostPosted: Sep 21, 2007 - 11:43 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
My personal heartfelt thanks goes out to my good friend Galak for helping so very much to make these boards happen.... many of the framing projects around this first WC have succeeded due to Tom's, and Impact's, efforts. Full marks, gentleman - this one is a Long Bomb TD on turn 8.... well, maybe turn 7, but you know what I mean. Job very well done!

Both projects (miniatures and the boards) were tricky with the timing needed ... but Impact! was glad to assist the NAF.

We started Impact! as a way to help this gaming community in ways that were needed but not being addressed .... and I'm glad that after 17 months of being open that we are still sticking to that mission. Helping the NAF with the World Cup, helping the DB gang purchase that tournament, helping almost 10 events so far now get their own limited edition miniatures made ... if we can help the community in a way that makes sense, Impact! is going to try and be there for it.

Okay ... soapbox over ...

2 last things:

1) I agree with the idea of folks being able to put their name in hat/box that they would like to purchase one of the 50 NAF boards at a posted price by the NAF. Then if you have more than 50 takers ... you draw 50 names to see who gets them. That seems like a very fair and easily managed way to handling their sale.

2) A lot of the company's that support the fantasy football market don't operate at huge profit margins (and in fact Impact! for example is still 22000 GBP in debt). Tritex Games is going to be at the World Cup selling Impact!, Heresy, Goblin Forge, and Shadowforge football figures. I don't know the other company's arrangements ... but our stock we sold him for the World Cup is on sell or return (ie if no one buys it he can give it back). Bottom line is that you'll have to make a special trip to find Tritex to buy some goodies as he'll not be somewhere where you'll just walk past his booth while playing (how I wish he was) ... but make that effort to find him is what I'm asking. If Tritex buys all the stock from us at the end of the World Cup because he does well, then we'll have enough cash to cast up our next full team the Gnomes with their Contraptions and the Impcrusher. I'm sure the other football miniature manufacturers are in similar boats with the money they'll receive if Tritex does well. So its a personal request from me on behalf of Impact! AND the other companies that support this game .... please take the time to find Tritex and do some shopping .... every purchase really does make a difference in this business. Personal plea over ... now returning you to the regularly scheduled thread.

Hope the boards are well received and I'm glad Jim approves of them!

Galak/Tom
President - Impact! Miniatures

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic