NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 29, 2024 - 07:50 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Toot Toot rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LycosOffline
Post subject: Thanks from the President...  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 05:38 AM
Former President

Undisclosed
To all of you there and all of the staff for making the greatest BB tournament ever.

What an incredible weekend. 46 teams, 272 coaches and 9 games over 3 days. Just an amazing experience.

Everybody is very keen to see results and see the rankings but if I told you that we have 1,224 games to enter I am sure you understand this will take some time. We need to make some last checks but I am hopeful we can post on the NAF site the full results very soon.

I am now away for 5 days with no internet so you wont see any more from me as I need to recover and so do the staff, they were looong days after very early morning starts. I will see what I can do from an internet cafe if they have one in the middle of nowhere which is where I am off too!

Once again, thanks to everyone there....it was incredible.

Dave

Last edited by Lycos on Dec 08, 2010 - 03:00 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: Thanks from the President...  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 05:43 AM
Former President

Undisclosed
The individual winner was Marc Holman (Planlos) who had 8 wins and 1 draw by the way. I see OMM has posted the team event news up. Much more news will come.

CasperOffline
Post subject: RE: Thanks from the President...  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 06:30 AM

Dave and Jim: Thank you very much for an extremely great event!!!! I know there are many others to thank (so thanks to all of them as well) but perhaps you two guys deserve the most credits. Well done indeed Smile

OONOffline
Post subject: RE: Thanks from the President...  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 07:28 AM

VIRY-CHATILLON
Thank you very much for this feast of Blood Bowl ! It was three fantastic days.
Wink
Muito obrigado ... e à próxima vez.

HaktarOffline
Post subject: RE: Thanks from the President...  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 12:41 PM

France
The world cup was really amazing. The organisation was perfect, and the only question i have to ask is : when is the next?

Muito obrigado também.

SizzlerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 01:05 PM

England
A whopping thanks to all the organisers of the event. The whole thing was absolutely amazing. Despite coming in last place, and thus marking us out as the WORST! Blood Bowl team in the world, Flame On B came away from it with massive grins on our faces.

Thanks a bunch, and here's to total Flame On domination of the next one. Very Happy

Al_the_TrowelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 02:30 PM

Dave, Jim, Rita and all the NAF staff, just wanted to add my thanks for a great weekend. Brilliant coaches, brilliant atmosphere, mediocre dice (well you always remember the failed rolls!) Looking forward to the next one!

JordellfbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 04:23 PM

Undisclosed

well just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made this tourney one i will never forget

and i would like to say a big thanks to jim, dave ,woody,gav,luca and all the rest of the staff who made this tourney one in a million thank u so much guys you were all great

one thing i will never forget is being on table 1 on game two of the teams games with team smegheads what a day that was it was so good to see everyone again and to meet some new people

thank u to everyone who was there and i big shout to the americans and the australians who travlled all that way you are true great and it was a pleasure to see u there

what a weekend i had i think its now time to relax and take a few weeks out of bloodbowl

Turin
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 04:49 PM

It has been an awesome event and I would never forgive myself if I had missed it.
The only thing I didn't like was that I didn't play my league match with a team mate on this weekend, but after this absolutely unique and great Blood Bowl Gathering both of us agreed that 9 games are enough on one weekend Cool

Btw: Which number was on Jervis' coin? '000' or was it 'JJ'?

@Casper: Maybe you get a revenge against my dice as you didn't actually play against my team Wink

However, I want to thank all the guys (and of course Rita) who sacrified their time (and teeth Wink) to make this great weekend happen. So thanks to Lycos, OMM, Rita, Panico, and all the other NAF-Staff (the list would be too long) and of course all my opponents, I really enjoyed this event.

To close it: grats to Planlos and the french guys, the Marseillaise was a worthy ending of an awesome event.

LorionOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 04:59 PM

Can't really ad anything except the whole deal kinda made me want to hug everyone, and truth be told, I probably tried to. A great thanks to everyone, for organising, participating and basicly everything. Good times guys.

CasperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 05:13 PM

@Turin
But thanks for a nice match anyway.
Later in the tournament I tried a match where the luck was the other way around. I was failing almost nothing (nothing crucial, anyway) while my opponent often failed the important rolls.

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2007 - 12:51 AM

Undisclosed
What a weekend! I am absolutely knackered, but it was fantastic. Monday morning was a huggggggge anti-climax, even though I did get a lie-in. It was extremely sad to pop in to Warhammer World and see it full of WFB/40K tables without a BB pitch in sight.

A big thankyou from a ref to all the players - you guys were great, and the humour and banter was fantastic, and any minor issues were taken in stride.

Here's to the next one!

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

juergenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2007 - 01:51 AM
Mekboy

Undisclosed

plain and simple: thanks to everyone wo made this event happen (GW, NAF, White Heart, Tritex and the coaches)

LeipzigerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2007 - 04:45 AM

England
A fantastic weekend that will live long in the memory! Thanks to all of the organising team as well as the coaches who made the weekend so great!

Cheers

Leip

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic