NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 05:38 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Wot no players? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GusOffline
Post subject: World Cup '07 thanks  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 12:30 PM

Australia
I know we all applauded loudly during the speeches thanking everyone involved in the event but having got home and survived a day back at work I thought I'd take twenty minutes out of my day to record my thanks here and hope other coaches that were lucky enough to be there might do the same.

I don't think Jim, Dave and everyone involved in making the world cup happen can be praised enough for their efforts. Being part of a event like that, something new, something never done before was a very special experience that would have been cheap at twice the price. Seriously I hope all you guys take a well desrved break!

To our Spanish hosts, a great thankyou for the coin, it is great and a momento befitting the event.

Finally a thanks to all the coaches, without whom there wouldn't have been an event. I would particularly like to thank two groups, my team mates who travelled from Australia for the event and happily welcomed an expat living the UK into their team, Bill, Tomsy, Dan, Ben and Connor, thanks guys, you really helped add an extra bit to the weekend for me (and thanks to Babs, who I haven't met, for his efforts to organise our tops and help us look like a team). Second I would like to thank my opponents, Ben Patterson, Luis Lozaro, Adam Giess, Da Great MC (sorry didn't get your actual name written down), Peter Astil, Thomas Madse, Vincent Grizzo, Simon Cook and Stephen Dobson. They beat me more than I liked, don't lose as much as I wanted and had far too few edge of the seat draws but they all played in great spirit and I only hope they feel I did the same.

Angus.

Reply with quote Back to top
DarkOrk20Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2007 - 06:22 PM

United States of America
Thanks to the staff for putting on a wonderful event. Thanks for introducing the past presidents also for those of us who didn't really know that far back. It is great to put faces to names with some of the people who we see on here all the time.

My only regret is that I wish Nuffle hadn't been paying so close attention to me. I would have preferred to give my opponents a game worthy of a World Cup. I think Morpheus referred to it as crying but I think he was serious about it.

Damn Yankees made a hell of a turn around on the last day to move up a few spots after being on the very last table. Yeah Flame On B team was terrible but fun. Thanks guys.

antipixiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2007 - 02:21 AM

Bedford, UK
Ditto to the above. I may have had my worst set of result ever! but I really enjoyed the event and my favourite 2 games were 2 of my losses.

So where is the next one to be held in 4 years time? Very Happy

SizzlerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2007 - 04:05 AM

England
      DarkOrk20 wrote:
Damn Yankees made a hell of a turn around on the last day to move up a few spots after being on the very last table. Yeah Flame On B team was terrible but fun. Thanks guys.

Embarassed Crying or Very sad Razz

rabid-squigOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2007 - 07:56 AM

Scotland
Great weekend folks. Rubbish result for myself(2-1-6) but i didn`t care `cos it was great fun!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic