NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 05:05 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You sneaky git! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SulfuriousOffline
Post subject: Mini tournament at "The Big Waagh" July 18-20th  PostPosted: May 16, 2008 - 04:44 PM

Ok, guys I looking for some advice here. I've been tasked with running the Blood Bowl tournament at "The Big Waagh" in Memphis coming up in July and I've got to make this thing as enjoyable as possible.

Here's my problem. The head organizers of the tournament (at least the one I deal with) have only allow me a very short time slot to run the event. And by short I mean 6:30pm to 12:15am. Crying or Very sad The reason they've done this is because they want everyone that attends to able to play in as many different events as possible. This basically gives me 3 games at 1hr 45min each. Not good, I know. I've begged and pleaded for more time but the organizers won't budge an inch.

So that begs the question, is it even possible to run an enjoyable event given the time constraint? Some of these players may just be getting done playing in other tournaments earlier in the day and they'll be tired and probably not in the mood to be rush through a BB tournament. A friend of mine suggested using the Blood Bowl 7's rules to shorten the games but even that idea shot down.

So without telling the organizers to "stick it", is there any way to maximize the fun factor for this little event? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sulfurious

www.thebigwaagh.com

Reply with quote Back to top
XtremeOffline
Post subject: RE: Mini tournament at "The Big Waagh" July 18-20t  PostPosted: May 16, 2008 - 06:20 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
They aren't giving you much to work with, even 3 games in that scedule is going to be rough. BB7's or Streetbowl would work more comfortably but that doesn't sound like an option either. The only other thing I could think of is to make it speed bowl rules 2-3 minute turns, and try and make it goofy fun.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic