NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 03:28 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That boy's got talent! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rick287Offline
Post subject: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: May 01, 2008 - 04:52 PM

Does the ball bounce after a throw in? The rules for bouncing balls says that it bounces "(if) the square where a thrown ball lands is unoccupied" but I read that as a pass action landing in an unoccupied square. Does it include crowd throws?

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: May 01, 2008 - 05:26 PM

Canada
Sure - the ball flies in, lands in an empty square and bounces from there. Makes sense!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

skritterOffline
Post subject: RE: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: May 01, 2008 - 06:28 PM

Geelong Australia
Any time a ball lands in an empty square...it bounces

Except after the result of a bounce (ie ONE BOUNCE ONLY)

Rick287Offline
Post subject: RE: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: May 02, 2008 - 11:46 AM

Funky, cheers.

tenwitOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: May 05, 2008 - 07:05 PM

skritter wrote:

It may be worth pointing out that there are some things that are bounces that mightn't seem to be (because they aren't in real life):
- Fumbled passes
- Failed catches
- Failed pickups
- Stripped ball
- Being ejected from a square by pushing a player onto it

In all these cases, the ball will bounce to an empty square and it won't bounce from there. It's just not always obvious that the first bounce is considered a BloodBowl bounce.

LyracianOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: May 06, 2008 - 05:40 AM

England
It confuesed me the first few games I played, I fumbled the ball and then rolled for the bounce.

WhiteTigerOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: May 14, 2008 - 09:44 PM

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
      tenwit wrote:
      skritter wrote:

It may be worth pointing out that there are some things that are bounces that mightn't seem to be (because they aren't in real life):
- Fumbled passes
- Failed catches
- Failed pickups
- Stripped ball
- Being ejected from a square by pushing a player onto it

In all these cases, the ball will bounce to an empty square and it won't bounce from there. It's just not always obvious that the first bounce is considered a BloodBowl bounce.

To visualize it, just think of a fumble and so on, as hitting the ground in the square the player is in and then the ball bouncing out to the next square.

DomineOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: Aug 25, 2008 - 06:12 PM

The one problem with bouncing on a throw-in is you can end up rolling perpetually... ball bounces out of bounds, gets thrown in by fans into an empty square, bounces back out of bounds... rinse, repeat Razz

Of course, eventually, the roll will be in a direction that isn't out of bounds, but it can frustrating while the loop lasts.

AngeblichOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 - 06:47 AM

Germany
      Domine wrote:
The one problem with bouncing on a throw-in is you can end up rolling perpetually... ball bounces out of bounds, gets thrown in by fans into an empty square, bounces back out of bounds... rinse, repeat Razz

Of course, eventually, the roll will be in a direction that isn't out of bounds, but it can frustrating while the loop lasts.

Hm. But The only way to bounce out again would be at the corners, right? The way I see the usage of the throw-in-template explained, a throw-in lands at least 2 squares from the sideline, since the template itself is put on the first square inside the field.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 - 07:36 AM

Canada
      Angeblich wrote:
      Domine wrote:

Hm. But The only way to bounce out again would be at the corners, right? The way I see the usage of the throw-in-template explained, a throw-in lands at least 2 squares from the sideline, since the template itself is put on the first square inside the field.

But a throw-in thrown on an angle can end up travelling to a sideline or endzone and then land in an empty square and then bounce out again.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

AngeblichOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 - 08:47 AM

Germany
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Angeblich wrote:
      Domine wrote:

But a throw-in thrown on an angle can end up travelling to a sideline or endzone and then land in an empty square and then bounce out again.

That's what I meant by corners. Well, I was just posting to verify if my perception of the throw-in-process is right.

Although... if one had enough spare-time on one's hand, one might do a calculation, which one is more probable: a bounce-out after a throw-in or a throw-in-out... But I think I use that time for playing BloodBowl instead. Very Happy

CirrustheBlueOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Ball bouncing after a throw in  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 - 09:46 PM

I've had games where the ball's bounced out like this before and it took about 4 consecutive Throw-Ins from the crowd for things to actually get going again. ahh I love this game! Very Happy But yes, that's the reason the first two squares are marked on the template for in case you roll snake-eyes and it bounces backwards, it won't bounce out again on that particular Throw-In.

- Cirrus

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic