NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 04:58 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You have a thick skull. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 12, 2003 - 11:07 AM

Marcus wrote:
Oh, you won't beat Geggster. He's an ECBBL player and one of our best. Also a Skaven coach, and we ECBBL Skaven coaches are fearsome....

Marcus

Mwoch, I almost defeated him! If it wasn't for those pesky Gutter Runners and annoying rats with the Kick-skill it wouldn't have become 0-5 for the Orcz... We Wuz Robbed!!!
I DID manage to injure his kicker Bigfoot, though (one of my Goblins must have accidently stamped on his foot or something...)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 16, 2003 - 09:27 PM

I think tournaments generally show few top rankings for Orc sides.

However, the CanCon 2003 tournament in Australia, in January, was won by an Orc player (Craig Judy, a.k.a. Ibson the Grey, a US player living in Melbourne).

He is an experienced Orc coach. His record was 5 wins and a loss, with a TD record of 11/4. All his TDs against were conceded in the first 2 games, the second game being a loss. He won the final 1-0 on the last turn of regulation.

Perhaps the CanCon tournament format (mini-league) favoured him a little - for example he got many doubles rolls for skill advances, but mainly I think he just played well.

I think Orcs are hard to play for inexperienced coaches, but in the hands of a good coach, and played conservatively, they are hard to beat.

I think a starting line-up of Orcs can be beaten - they will normally be short of players or Re-rolls (or both). We'll see what happens at THE Blood Bowl in Nottingham.

Cheers

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 02:29 AM

smeborg wrote:
I think Orcs are hard to play for inexperienced coaches, but in the hands of a good coach, and played conservatively, they are hard to beat.

Ah, so all I've got to do is become a Good Coach then Wink
(I think I'll just bash some stupid elves next week...)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
GrotemuisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 03:24 AM

Netherlands

I don't agree. Ocres are an easy team to start learning the game. It isn't hard to learn how to play with orcs. It is however hard to do something the opponents don't expect, because everyone has played or has played against on orc side

MarcusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 06:56 AM

I think Orcs will be tough to beat at the BB. Good crop of star players available, nice lineup for 1,000,000 and some very strong coaches picking Greenskins this year.

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 07:23 AM

I don't think I'll ever use Star Players in official tournaments - except for Scrappa S. or Nobbla B. perhaps...

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 04:05 AM
Da Warboss

England
there are going to be a lot of orc teams at the BB - the post on TBB detailing teams has shown that, out of the 50 coaches who replied, 16% will be Orc.

Which is great, cos I frickin' hate them, they're my worst team... Sad

NAF #60

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic