NAF Logo
leftstar May 18, 2024 - 09:51 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Eyebrows day-glo rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 - 08:47 AM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
Yo' Joe!!! [bad reference to G.I. Joe, I know]. for next year Thanksgiving is on the 12th of October in 2009.

May be worthwhile for u [and other Canadian TO's] to check this out: http://www.bloodbowl.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4275. Yeah, was kinda bored, I know. But should prevent having tournies on the same weekend as holidays [in Canada].

checked and noted. i did some research myself this time.
provisionally booked the venue for DBVII already:)
news soon

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 - 09:00 AM

Canada
Good to hear about the booking for DB VII I must say that I am really looking forward to it!

Thanks again to all who helped with DB VI, it was easily the best time I have ever had a at a BB tourney, each of the games were incredibly exciting and fun, and the overall atmosphere was fantastic - I did not even mind the 13 hour day on Saturday!

Looking forward to hearing the rules for "Year of" for next year - Eric and I were bouncing some ideas back and forth, and I think I may have an idea for a team! Will be a definite contender for the Best Team award (for theme - if not for play as well!)

See you guys in January!

SPAZz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 - 07:51 PM

Canada
Hey Joe,

Have you guys ever considered making the "Year of" theme one that actually carries on through the year? So that you have incentive for chaos to play at the CCKO as well? I might be tempted to make another appearance with that team...

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 12:32 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
Hey Joe,

Have you guys ever considered making the "Year of" theme one that actually carries on through the year? So that you have incentive for chaos to play at the CCKO as well? I might be tempted to make another appearance with that team...

Stop being such a Spazz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe ignore him please.....

I like all tournies being different (Spazz can never grasp that concept apparently)

Besides as far as I can see the CCKO gives you 1,000,000 to your team & 80,000 tor upgrades/skills (with Chaos "even with mutations at 10,000, that leaves you F-all for a team...)

Please leave Death-Bowl as is & CCKO as it is (2 separite tournies run by one group of guys)

(I know Spazz wants every tourney to combine all the rules to be the same!!!!!!!!! , He must cause he keeps trying to suggest stuff like "hey it worked great in this other tourney lets add it here....to another tourney")

Spazz I luv ya like a brother, but everytime you make a moronic sugestion to add something from one tourney to another, I'm there to shoot it down................

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 06:26 AM

Canada
As rare as this is, I have to agree with Clan_Skaven. I like the fact that every tourney has a different style to it. Once you start combining everything, the uniqueness is lost. Also, contrary to what some other people say, I tihnk it makes you look pathetic because you can't come up with an original idea. That whole "immitation is the best form of flattery" is a crock. A compliment is the best form of flattery, stealing someone elses idea because you like it is just lazy.

I am more of the thought that every TO should take their main idea and keep trying to improve the running of the tournament. Q'ermitt has the special fields, so instead of the trying to add in the "draft" which the CCKO uses, continue building various fields to the point where you have so many custom fields that it make take a coach two or three tournaments to play on them all, thus giving them something to look forward too. "I wanted to play on the new (insert race) field, but didn't get to play on it. Man, it looked fun, I hope I get to play on it next year". And there is one returning coach. Some goes for Lakeside with the two teams of coaches, NBBO with the two playing teams, and CCKO with the draft.

Now, by no means I am saying that every TO ahs to come up with some custom idea. I think a simple swiss-style tourney with standard teams is a nice break every so often.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 06:40 AM

Canada
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
Q'ermitt has the special fields, so instead of the trying to add in the "draft" which the CCKO uses, continue building various fields to the point where you have so many custom fields that it make take a coach two or three tournaments to play on them all, thus giving them something to look forward too.

Who said anything about the Q'ermitt using the draft? Don't confuse the Draft with the Bidding War.

@Clan-Skaven: Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at hello.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 08:05 AM

Canada
hahahahahaha

Smile

Quote:

Have you guys ever considered making the "Year of" theme one that actually carries on through the year?

Yes we have.
No we won't, see dwarfrunners post above Wink

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 11:01 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
Q'ermitt has the special fields, so instead of the trying to add in the "draft" which the CCKO uses, continue building various fields to the point where you have so many custom fields that it make take a coach two or three tournaments to play on them all, thus giving them something to look forward too.

Who said anything about the Q'ermitt using the draft? Don't confuse the Draft with the Bidding War.

@Clan-Skaven: Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at hello.

I was just using that combination as an example. If you wanted me to get more specific, I could have brought up the possible use of "The Draft" at the (possibly soon to be defunct) Canadian Open.

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 04:37 PM

Vancouver, BC
Has any found a can of clear coat? I lent it to Rod and never seen it since. It may have been left it at Glenn's. And the fact that I needed it an hour ago does not help . . . ugh!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 04:57 PM

Canada
No, but I have a can of clear coat here that I think Rod left here a long time ago, so you can have it, and then it's all good!

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2008 - 12:58 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Sorry Eric

I did have lots of Beer tonight,

So we are even right?

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink .........

............. breathe

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Sorry to use soooo many EMOTICONS , but I have been told in the past .......

due to the sarcastic nature of my posts that most of the commen folk can not grasp that I'm just having fun.

Drink more beer!!!!!!!!!

Shocked Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Rolling Eyes Shocked

Rod

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2008 - 01:00 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d161/Clan-Skaven/Death-Bowl%20VI/?start=all

Ok better late than never, but there is my Death-Bowl VI Pics

Better late than never, besides......

Byers where are the pics you took?

Rod

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic