NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 08:21 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
It's only a 2+ roll. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SBGOffline
Post subject: Tough doubles on a CD team...  PostPosted: Dec 16, 2008 - 09:45 PM

Canada
OK, I need opinions on this :

Bull Centaur with Block and Mighty Blow rolled double 5. I'm really tempted with the MA increase. Any other suggestions?

Skill-less Minotaur rolled double 6: automatic ST increase or Block?

While I'm here: CD with Guard and Mighty Blow, how do you feel about Grab as a third skill?

Before the game, TV was about 195, so it's well developped team.

Thanks for your valuable inputs!

Fred

Reply with quote Back to top
FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Tough doubles on a CD team...  PostPosted: Dec 16, 2008 - 11:47 PM

Sweden
The minotaur goes down way to easy with frenzy and no Juggernaut or Block skill, so i would say Block. But how much are you using the Frenzy skill to get into cages and or pushing players of the field? If that is priority for you then Pro (followed up with Juggernaut) might be nice skill, then you get a "built-in" rer-roll for the guy and the normaly movement for this wild animal is working 50% more often.

For the BC i realy dont know. Claw, Diving Tackle, Dodge, Tentacle?

The 3:rd skill for the CD I´ll think that Stand Firm is a nice skill. Helps out more often then you think in cages etc.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Tough doubles on a CD team...  PostPosted: Dec 17, 2008 - 07:56 AM

Canada
      Frantic wrote:
The minotaur goes down way to easy with frenzy and no Juggernaut or Block skill, so i would say Block.

Agreed. Getting 3D on a S3 player when you blitz would be sweet, but I have found having Block on my Chaos Pact mino SO useful SO many times!

Frantic wrote:
For the BC i realy dont know. Claw, Diving Tackle, Dodge, Tentacle?

Bull Centaurs cannot mutate (or did they change that? - I don't have the book in front of me), otherwise Claw would be my choice. But as nice as the movement is for the BCs they are too easily pinned down. I would really consider Dodge, as this will give him a 75% chance of dodging away from a TZ if needed, and will make him harder to put down. After that I would get Break Tackle as my next skill and then he is a great safety!

Frantic wrote:
The 3rd skill for the CD I´ll think that Stand Firm is a nice skill. Helps out more often then you think in cages etc.

Agreed. Guard with Stand Firm is really choice.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

FranticOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Tough doubles on a CD team...  PostPosted: Dec 17, 2008 - 10:11 AM

Sweden
Youre right!

They cant take mutant skills, dont know what i was thinking this morning. Shocked

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Tough doubles on a CD team...  PostPosted: Dec 19, 2008 - 01:04 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
S6 Minos are harder to knock down than S5 - and have S7 when blitzing... I'd take the strength and pray for doubles next. Block is on balance a marginally better choice, but I just like the flavour of the +ST more.

Grab is good for neutering sidestep, if that isn't a problem for you then I'd be more tempted by stand firm or dauntless.

Bull Centaurs... I always take BT first - in which case doubles is an easy choice of dodge. Without it, and quite a long time to the next skill, I'm not as convinced of its value. If you don't want dodge then the choice is probably going to more about the league opposition. Lots of elves - diving tackle would be a good choice. Lots of bash dodge or sidestep.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Tough doubles on a CD team...  PostPosted: Dec 19, 2008 - 11:37 AM

Canada
      Doubleskulls wrote:
S6 Minos are harder to knock down than S5 - and have S7 when blitzing... I'd take the strength and pray for doubles next. Block is on balance a marginally better choice, but I just like the flavour of the +ST more.

... and if you get a third doubles then Tentacle would make this player a nightmare to any of those catcher-types!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

smeborgOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Tough doubles on a CD team...  PostPosted: Dec 19, 2008 - 02:01 PM

A ST6 cow with the next normal skill Break Tackle would make a handy Blitzer (dodging into a standard 4-cornered cage on a 3+ and blocking at ST7). Just the threat of this will make life tough for your opponent.

This might fit well in your team if you are not giving Break Tackle to your BCs (I always give my BCs Break Tackle as their first skill).

Just a suggestion.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic