NAF Logo
leftstar May 01, 2024 - 05:25 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Rat knows Borak. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Justin_KaseOffline
Post subject: Philly FrostHearts (Valkyrie Team), Added WIP (12/30)  PostPosted: Dec 22, 2008 - 09:02 PM

(For those of you that never get over to the Impact! boards, just tossing it up here as well)

Just finished moving most of my stuff to MD, and unpacked my BB stuff and figured I'd finally share some shots of my girls Wink

They could use a better paint job - because, as usual, I was painting them right up until the tournament started at Gen Con. I really have to stop doing that Rolling Eyes

Hope you enjoy them - they're mostly modified Valkyries, other then the Ulfwerner and the Ice Trollop. I tried to make it so that no two mini's looked alike, and added some suitably nordic fuzzy boots to all of them.

I think the Ulfwerner is from Reaper (with some slight modifications) and the Ice Trollop is my own sculpt.

Hope y'all enjoy!

Thrower and Blitzers

I'll have to take a better shot of them - the one blitzer is wearing brass knuckles that say "PAIN". The item on the thrower is a hand muff - since she has fingerless gloves Wink

Catchers

The gloves are meant to be Polar Bear paws - hence the black pads. I tossed a drinking horn on the one to keep her spirits up!

Linewomen and ReRoll Counter

I had debated making the ReRoll Counter be a 1 and a Skull, but decided to think more positive.

Ulfwerner

Also added a ref's whistle as a trophy at her hip Smile If you can make it past her chest.

Ice Trollop

She has quite the collection of RedCards, obviously all unjustly served!

Wink

Last edited by Justin_Kase on Dec 30, 2008 - 11:11 AM; edited 3 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: RE: Philly FrostHearts  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2008 - 05:45 AM

Undisclosed
Nice Work JK... Biff say's high and wanted me to mention that he likes the girl with the brass knuckles. (Let's put them together.)

seriously thouh...I especially like the boots and catchers gloves. Nice work.

NAF Member #5236
---

Justin_KaseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 30, 2008 - 10:45 AM

Thanks bro - I still hate Biff, though hooking them up may well be a painful experience, so I'm all for it Wink

Missed you at the last Gen Con, hope to see you at this year's - I need someone to keep me company at the last table aside from Joe. I also have an eye in the sky mini for you.

Do you still have a photo of the halfling chef I modded for ya? I never got to see the finished product Crying or Very sad

Anyway, I had updated the Impact! site with some details of the WIPs, and figured I'd toss em here as well - once again, for those that don't travel there.

WIPs:

Every figure has been modded in at least some minor way so that no two would be identical, and also so my Valkyries would stand out from their sisters.

Mostly it was just some simple things - like giving all the girls the wolf fur boots. Or things to help my opponents (and me) identify the different positions for this mock Norse team.

Blitzers got a little extra armor with elbow pads, and a metal brace for their helmet. They also each received a hand weapon to represent their eventual MB upgrade Smile (Pain on the one and a Chain on the other).

I couldn't tell if the Thrower's hands were bare or not, so I GSed on some fingerless gloves to make her look like she might have a little more control in ball handling (insert jokes here), of course, this meant her poor fingers might get cold, so I provided her with a Polarbear Fur Muff®. Don't ask why the rest of her doesn't get cold Rolling Eyes

The catchers were gifted with Polarbear Fur Mitts®, sans claws (as those are used as tokens on their belts). As mentioned earlier, the one also received a drinking horn - likely ripped from the head of a poor unsuspecting yak.

The Linewomen are mostly unchanged (aside from the boots). There is one repose, but that is it.

Aside from that, there were some minor repairs to the chain belt (which doesn't seem to have cast well) and I added or changed the tokens hanging from the belt - or, in some cases, removed the excess chain from a leg.

The Ulfwerner was just a plain female werewolf, which I augmented a bit. Tossed on a shirt, gave her a chainmail bikini and some kneepads to help her fit in. Her tail actually goes through the ring in the back of her bikini Wink

The Trollop is a sculpt I made specifically for the team, so, she has many of the elements from the Valkyrie sculpts, as well as some additions for my team theme. Very Happy

Some WIP photos are below, as well as my original color scheme mock up - who was going to be converted into a ReRoll counter with the dice under her arms, but I decided on the other marker instead.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that every model has a magnet in their base, and the ball has a magnet as well (in the finsihed photo, it is stuck to a magnet in the ReRoll base). After the fact, I had thought about placing the catcher's magnets in their gloves - though that could have caused some excessive wear on the paint there.

And finally, here is a size comparison for the Trollop green to a normal Valkyrie (although she has been given a little extra height with the boot modification).

Justin_KaseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 30, 2008 - 01:22 PM

I had forgotten to mention that the numbering on their left kneepads is a Nordic system. Basicly, count the number of flanges off the verticle strand for their number. A > on one side indicates 5.

So :

|>
|-- = 6
|

|-- = 1
|
|

But, I kept on looking at the Blitzer's elbow pads and wondering why I deviated and painted those symbols there.

Looks like I was having a bit of fun with myself - they are the Norse Rune letters for T & A.

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 31, 2008 - 11:12 AM

Great job on the team Val, but that goes without saying. You always put in 110% in whatever team you do.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic