NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 05:21 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Wot no players? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: Question on the use of horns.  PostPosted: Feb 16, 2009 - 01:09 AM

Undisclosed
I have not played in a while, but in reading the rules to get ready for an upcoming tourney...I see that the rules for horns now reads that it can be used with a blitz action.

Does that mean that the horns can be used even if the blitzing player had not moved one square before making the actual hit? Can the horns be used if the hit is made against an opponent in an adjacent square so long as it is the blitz for the turn?

Can a beastman ball carrier start his turn next to an opposing player declare his blitz and get the +1 STR in hopes of knocking down the opponent and moving towards the endzone?

NAF Member #5236
---

Reply with quote Back to top
smeborgOffline
Post subject: RE: Question on the use of horns.  PostPosted: Feb 16, 2009 - 02:10 AM

Yes, yes and yes.

That's my understanding.

I've starting playtesting the new Horns (I play Nurgle). In just 2 games (and just 1 Pestigor), it hasn't appeared overpowered, and was used once per game only. Even when the new situation is available for use, it's not always the best use of the Blitz.

The new rule helps Chaos and Nurgle to move the ball away from unwanted attention. Since these teams have a lot of difficulty moving the ball anyway, I suggest this is not necessarily a bad thing.

Cheers

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Question on the use of horns.  PostPosted: Feb 16, 2009 - 03:34 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Using the 2008 Experimental rules Horns just gives +1 strength when blitzing. You don't need to have moved a square - so yes to all your questions. This is a small boost.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: RE: Question on the use of horns.  PostPosted: Feb 16, 2009 - 04:06 PM

Undisclosed
Yep, not huge...but nice.

Here is a follow-up question though...lets say that the player with horns also has break tackle and is making a blitz. Can a beastman use STR 4 for his dodge? (Assuming that he is moving away from another opponent to blitz someone else?)

-RobO

P.S. Actually...lets assume that he is in the TZs of two opponents...can he blitz the STR3 target at 1D, and then dodge away from the other on a 2+ if moving into an empty square?

EDIT: I just read the rule...and the answer is no. "... +1 STR for the block..."

NAF Member #5236
---

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Question on the use of horns.  PostPosted: Feb 16, 2009 - 04:47 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
EDIT: I just read the rule...and the answer is no. "... +1 STR for the block..."
Ian caught this one while we were working on the rules so me made sure to get the wording correct to avoid Break Tackle issues.

Galak

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Question on the use of horns.  PostPosted: Feb 16, 2009 - 05:05 PM

Undisclosed
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
Ian caught this one while we were working on the rules so me made sure to get the wording correct to avoid Break Tackle issues.

Galak

Way to go Ian! Rolling Eyes

Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic