NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 12:53 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Blood Bowl is a rough sport, people get hurt! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LycosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 12, 2006 - 05:08 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
only four of them.....

Reply with quote Back to top
twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2006 - 12:02 AM

Canada
      crazylegs wrote:
Lizardmen:

Lizardmen look tough when you see all that speed and strength, but they really aren't. They have ballhandling issues early, their lineman advance slower than pretty much any lineman (even Golems & Black Orcs), so the team even a higher TRs has unskilled linemen, and their ballhandlers are extremely breakable... so I don't see how you can say they are overpowered, the general opinion in the league I play in is that they are one of the weaker teams, especially after 10+ games.

I disagree entirely. I've kicked butt with them both in leagues and tourneys. I like being able to dodge and weave with skinks as well as bash with the saurii.

Ballhandling is average. Same as everyone else, unless you don't protect your skinks. Throwing is a problem though. Personally, I like the running game. Smile

In leagues, a Saurus doesn't progress that slowly. Touchbacks are great, give the ball to a Saurus! Even hand it off to one, if the game isn't on the line. They can certainly move for a bashy type...

You just have to play them right. Try and keep Saurii as a brick wall between your opponent's players and your skinks. Move a skink in as an assist on a hit, but make sure that the pushback (at least) frees him up again.

At the moment, my favourite team. My favourite opponent for league play would be Skaven... Wink

HammerBowl. http://bkbbl.com/

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2006 - 08:29 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
A really effective lizard tactic (against teams without Frenzy at least) is a sideline cage keeping all the skinks inside the shield of Saurus & Krox. Then they don't get blitzed every turn.

Glorian_UnderhillOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2006 - 12:54 AM

And with the new Bad Kick rules in LRB 5.0 the touchback to the saurus might also find its end. Very Happy

And the sideline cage is quite effective for the lizardz cause you only need 3 paces to be in the opposite side to score, or 5 to score without gfis.

Besides skinks are like flings with doubel the speed. If they want they can get everywhere.

BuggritOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 01, 2006 - 07:00 AM

In your dugout pimping your cheerleaders!
Hell if you're going to give the ball to anybody surely the Kroxigor would be a better choice? Thanks for that though, it's given me some new ideas for my Orc team. As the Troll never really gets to do much besides clobber people most of the time because of his AG 1... Perhaps next time I get a touchback I'll give the ball to him, he rarely gets knocked down unless the opposition has a big guy directly opposite him, or gangs up with 3 or 4 players.... So maybe giving him the ball would be a neat change on the regular Cage play.

tenwitOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2007 - 11:47 PM

Buggrit wrote:
Hell if you're going to give the ball to anybody surely the Kroxigor would be a better choice?

If you've got 4+ turns left in the half, yes, krox rules for defending the ball. And if you've got the lead already, then definitely. But if you've only got 3- turns and need to score, then bonehead will be rolled and you'll have thrown the game away.

That happened to my human team. I was sooo tempted to fire Smush the ogre after that. Or melt him. Grrrr.

TripleskullOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 05, 2009 - 05:30 AM

Denmark
I have played quite a bit with lizardmen - and won alot with several different lizardman teams. I havent played a single team for long enough for evaluating the long league potensial, but it does seem that tv explodes after 8-10 games, and the sauri are still imobile turnover liabilities. Still I believe it is one of the strongest teams out there... But they have one major disadvantege that the other top teams doesnt have (WEs, orcs, undead and Dwarf in my book). They have a real nemisis, witch I cant understand havent bin mentioned in this tread. They absolutely cant play WEs. With ST 2 and no general skills on the skinks they have no way to protect the ball from wardancers. In a league it can be fixed with lucky dice on skill rolls, and 1-2 double rolls in a turney help a little, but they are still major undedog against WEs - or any elfs with block, leap, and ad tackle, frenzy or stripball to make it even worse.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 05, 2009 - 07:54 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Lizzies are pretty bad against any dodge heavy team since they generally lack much tackle.

War dancers mean that doubles on skinks have to be looking for sure hands and/or block.

Guard is helpful too - if you've enough you can probably ensure 1 or 2 dice against hitting skinks in the cage.

Lizzies best offence is probably to try and score very quickly - so that the war dancers don't get more than one shot at the cage.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic