NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 05:12 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That's ok - he has Regenerate. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Necro team for league (using LRB5b)- advice welcome!  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2008 - 01:10 PM

Canada
We are starting a new league on Saturday using the new LRB5 Rules Review. I plan on taking a necro team out to gain some practise before an upcoming tourney.

I figured on the following (assuming we do go for a 1 million TV start)

2 x weres - 240
1 x golem - 100
2 x wight - 180
1 x ghoul - 70
5 x zombie - 200
3 x RR - 210

Total 1000K

I felt I wanted to have at least one golem for a few reasons: 1) because I want to have S4 on the team somwhere 2) they skill up so slowly I want to start him off ASAP 3) I have a really cool model for it!

I also like this team as it has just a couple of positionals missing while still maintaining three rerolls, which I feel much more comfortable with

My priority will be to but the other golem quickly and then the other ghoul. Hopefully I will be able to cause a couple of early kills and gain some zombie reserves.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Necro team for league (using LRB5b)- advice welcome!  PostPosted: Nov 14, 2008 - 10:11 AM

Canada
I like that roster. The 3 RRs are a must IMO. I would have gone with 2 Ghouls and no Golems, but I understand why you want to start playing the Golems ASAP.

And yes, the next buys are obvious, a Golem and a Ghoul, in whatever order, but would be Ghoul first for me.

You don't need more than 14 players in this team, maybe even 13 depending on the level of violence in your league. A 4th reroll is a good idea when you can afford it. Then I would horde cash to replace dead Were's and Ghouls, as they will die.

Cramy

BazmanOffline
Post subject: RE: Necro team for league (using LRB5b)- advice welcome!  PostPosted: Jun 13, 2009 - 02:00 AM

Golems are really good for putting in the wide zones to slow faster teams with their stand firm, get them tackle first if you're using them as a defensive wall rather than part of your line of Scrimmage.

smeborgOffline
Post subject: RE: Necro team for league (using LRB5b)- advice welcome!  PostPosted: Jun 15, 2009 - 06:05 PM

Necros are a little tough at TV100, because of the cost of their positional players.

I would recommend that you look at taking 2 Golems. They are surprisingly useful in tournaments, because of their ability to tie up opponents (especially if you give them Block).

I would also recommend that you look at taking 2 Ghouls. They are underpriced for their tournament value, and are your best ball handlers. With Wrestle, they are potentially your best blitzers.

These recommendations mean that you may well need to drop to one Wolf. Since one Wolf can cover your whole backfield in defense, and bearing in mind that you can only make one blitz a turn, having one Wolf is not as bad as you might think.

Also consider dropping a re-roll in order to have a 12th player. Necros tend to come off second best against bash teams, and 11 men is not enough. 12 is better, 13 is best (but with 13 you would have to reduce to 6 positional players, meaning more compromise).

Hope this helps.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic