NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 11:20 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Norse team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: Private League - Journeymen bug  PostPosted: Jul 15, 2009 - 07:32 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
How do people want to handle the journeyman bug?

For those unaware you get free journeymen before the game - but the don't affect TV or inducements. So effectively you get double inducements for missing players (free player and cash).

1) Pretend this is okay
2) Rule you can't horde cash - so you the maximum in your treasury is 10k less than the most expensive player available.
3) Rule you must buy linemen - so the maximum in your treasury is 10k less than the cost of the cheapest player available to you
4) Say you can do what you want with money but if you are going to get journeymen you must take fewer inducements than you'd normally get.

I'm happy with anything other than #1. I don't want people building teams full of journeymen and a few stars to exploit the bug.

Reply with quote Back to top
katadderOffline
Post subject: RE: Private League - Journeymen bug  PostPosted: Jul 15, 2009 - 08:51 AM

Carterton, UK
i'd go with #4 to be honest. everyone can see each others teams so basically if they have journeymen then they dont use that much of their inducement money. obviously it requires honesty to do this but I think we are all grown ups on here.

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Private League - Journeymen bug  PostPosted: Jul 17, 2009 - 01:45 AM

Sweden
If its not posible to have it as the original rules, then I´ll go with #4

Ian, are you involved with the game (PC)? I have found a couple of bugs in the game but having trouble with the log in at http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/ I have asked for a new password and recieved it but i still cant log in. So I cant post the bugs there.

Anyhow, I was wondering if you were involved in someway with the rules/game of the pc-version, then I could post the bugs here or send you a private mess.

majortuskOffline
Post subject: RE: Private League - Journeymen bug  PostPosted: Jul 17, 2009 - 07:22 AM

United States of America
you could always purchase a journeyman if needed, his name is displayed on the screen before the game

then bench the 'free' players

BBC Lockerroom

Darkson
Post subject: Re: RE: Private League - Journeymen bug  PostPosted: Jul 17, 2009 - 09:26 AM

Undisclosed
      Frantic wrote:
Ian, are you involved with the game (PC)? I have found a couple of bugs in the game but having trouble with the log in at http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/ I have asked for a new password and recieved it but i still cant log in. So I cant post the bugs there.

Anyhow, I was wondering if you were involved in someway with the rules/game of the pc-version, then I could post the bugs here or send you a private mess.

Ian wasn't (afaia), but Galak was.

Tbh, most, if not all the bugs are pretty much well-known to Cyanide. When the open beta started, there was a seperate tech forum for "some" Cyanide forums, and I think every bug we mentioned then had already been reported by the closed beta testers, and were "in the process of being fixed" according to the Cyanide forum mods.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have happened.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

FranticOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Private League - Journeymen bug  PostPosted: Jul 17, 2009 - 10:11 AM

Sweden
      Darkson wrote:
      Frantic wrote:

Ian wasn't (afaia), but Galak was.

Tbh, most, if not all the bugs are pretty much well-known to Cyanide. When the open beta started, there was a seperate tech forum for "some" Cyanide forums, and I think every bug we mentioned then had already been reported by the closed beta testers, and were "in the process of being fixed" according to the Cyanide forum mods.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have happened.

Ok, I was one of the beta tester to the game and the bugs I have notice now after the release isnt that common. Like if you holding the ball and use the diving tackle skill then the ball disappeares from the field.

DarkDancer17Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Private League - Journeymen bug  PostPosted: Jul 17, 2009 - 10:14 AM

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Here's to hoping the fixes are still in progress! Smile

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Private League - Journeymen bug  PostPosted: Jul 18, 2009 - 05:24 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I don't have any official capacity and just post on the forums like anyone else. Occassionally the devs ask me a question.

DT & Ball carrier I think has been raised already.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Private League - Journeymen bug  PostPosted: Jul 18, 2009 - 05:33 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Okay - so we go with #4. You shouldn't spend inducement money equal to the value of journeymen you'll get.

However if you are the overdog and get journeymen this doesn't work. lets just try to keep our teams reasonable.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic