NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 12:37 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Boot to the head. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TaxalOffline
Post subject: Possible one day tourney in Montreal  PostPosted: Aug 25, 2009 - 04:17 PM

Canada
Went to last Dagger bowl and really liked the relaxed feeling of the one day tournament and have been looking at maybe holding a one day tourney myself at the end of November (28th).

4 games
TV 100
all teams allowed
all figs/players get one free regular skill
no star players/wizards/inducements/etc etc
same team for the 4 games
resurrection
swiss style
cost ???? probably around 10$ - 20$
location ????

The only problem I have is the Bongo bowl is in November and I do not want to compete with Dan for players. I know one day tournaments do not get alot of out of towners, but Ottawa and Montreal is not to far from each other and is quite easy to do for a one day tourney. On the other hand Toronto and Montreal is quite far for just one day of games (but there is also the night life here in Montreal on a Saturday night...lol)
Is there anyone that might be interested in this.

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Possible one day tourney in Montreal  PostPosted: Aug 25, 2009 - 05:46 PM

Canada
could be great!

One day is so much less of an impact on daily life than two days, and it does give more time to relax and check out nite life Smile

It is tougher to make a big trip for less games but yeah Ottawa-Montreal crowd would likely be V keen!

JTB

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Possible one day tourney in Montreal  PostPosted: Aug 26, 2009 - 07:05 AM

Canada
I would be in for a one day. Joe was right, it doesn't take up the entire weekend and leaves you time to do other things. This is why mine is a one-day, cause I don't have time to host a two-day.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2009 - 07:32 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Heres an idea, why not have a one day tourney in same month as a local two day tourney. (like Oct / Deathbowl) As you said you won't get that many out of towners for a one day tourney. And your not stealing compition from the DB since most locals could probably be able to attend both.

Yes/no?

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic