NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 01:41 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Jaw! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2009 - 02:07 PM

Galak - I think a cash-rich underdog can consider taking inducements if he is underdog by 14 points of TV or less. In an important match, he may wish to consider hiring a Wizard, safe in the knowledge that his opponent cannot do so.

And if an underdog Halfling coach can consider putting money into petty cash in order to hire the Chef, surely a Gobbo coach might wish to do the same in order to get one or more bribes? (I accept that cash rich Gobbo teams are likely to be rare, but they are not impossible.)

Looking instead from the overdog's point of view, I would also have thought that a typical use of petty cash (in a crunch match by a cash-rich team) might be to hire a Wizard (as a counter to the underdog's Wizard). This would be especially true for teams that are most vulnerable to Wizards (which in my experience are the slow, caging teams - many of these teams also tend to be cash-rich).

Reply with quote Back to top
SumBlokeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2009 - 07:11 PM

Another possibility for use of petty cash would be to grab a star player both teams have available and would be a problem to play against before the underdog can take him/her. I doubt this would happen much (if ever), but it could be a strategic play in certain situations.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic