NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 12:29 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Illegal Procedure! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jigplumsOffline
Post subject: trimming the fat  PostPosted: Apr 11, 2010 - 04:20 PM

Does anyone else "trim the Fat" regularly on your teams to keep the TR low? My brother does this alot, getting rid of re-rolls is a classic example, but also sacking skilled players and then hiring new ones etc...

I was looking at my undead team, and in particular the ghouls. I have 4 ghouls 1 with 2 skills 3 with 3. the 3 with 3 all have double skills[2 guard, pass]

now i have a lot in the treasury, enough to easy by all of them back if i fired them. the difference in TR would be down from 164 to 139 which seems a huge amount. do you thing the potential 250 you give away in inducements will make as much of a difference as the skills?
how much more likely do you think it makes a team to win?

Reply with quote Back to top
daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: trimming the fat  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2010 - 08:02 PM

United States of America
It makes your team more cruchable to trim
now if you have a wounded player ......
unless you are giving up 350+ inducements don't even worry about it.
Cool tactic:
Check the TV if you are at an even number say 250 drop a coach to make him waste the 40K

smeborgOffline
Post subject: RE: trimming the fat  PostPosted: Apr 15, 2010 - 02:03 PM

I almost never trim TV. Instead I decide my final roster and underlying TV (i.e. before FF and skills) before the league starts. As I am inclined to go for lean TVs, this system works well for me.

On rare occasions I might sack a player because I find that I have made a bad development mistake with him. I am "allergic" to carrying crippled players on my rosters, so I usually get skill turnover and "trimming" from forcible retirements.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic