NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 05:00 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Go for it! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jigplumsOffline
Post subject: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Sep 03, 2009 - 02:39 PM

so many would go straight to claw, but there are lots of choices, so what are your favourites

Reply with quote Back to top
smeborgOffline
Post subject: RE: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Sep 03, 2009 - 03:13 PM

Claw is the most obvious and orthodox choice.

However, I find Disturbing Presence rather tempting. Get a few of these and you would have an outstanding defense.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Sep 03, 2009 - 11:20 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Claw is probably best. Prehensile tail or diving tackle are good if you face a lot of agility teams. Leader is another option on an very young team that is low on rerolls.

Dodge is nice if you decide to take it pretty much on everyone on doubles.

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2009 - 01:04 AM

United States of America
Here we go, broken up into sets

First and for most LEADER
you never have enough team re-rolls as a CD team

top options
Prehensile Tail
you have Tackle EVERYONE wants to get away from you, it also affects Stunty players

no order:
Dodge
for the blodger
Sidestep
to keep him on the line
Jump Up
need I explain
Disturbing
as above control the throw by either giving him a neg or making him move way around you

Last picks
foul appearance
break tackle
horns

What no claws?
Leave that to your mino it is basic for him
there are MUCH better skills for you to take to benefit your team
Claws on your M4 guy, you would almost never get to use it in our league (of over 60 coaches) and that would have to be a blitz You have FAR better players to use a Blitz action on.

But if you wish to waste a double on Claws go ahead. you will get a few more stuns and maybe a few more KO and Cas but you will kick yourself in the arse more often than not

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject: RE: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2009 - 06:19 AM

I can agree with Leader. Disturbing presence is good too. If you're not going with either of these (or claw), then I really like the idea of sidestep. It's one of those skills that your opponent can lose track of until after he rolls the block dice...

But I don't agree that claw is a bad choice. And I would also (almost) never put claw on the mino. Claw is a doubles choice, and I would give the mino block and/or pro before claw.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2009 - 05:41 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
CD Minotaurs do not have mutation access on normal skill rolls. So if you want Claws you need doubles, and on the mino doubles is better spent on Block.

daloonieshaman - there is no way Claws on a CD blocker is a "waste." If you only take Claw and don't stack it with other injury causing skills then you are right, however properly developed I think its probably the optimal choice. Claw CDs go on the LOS and just block every turn. If you've got a couple of them then you can probably blitz with one of them most turns. Add in MB and PO and you've a genuine killer player - and that's only 31 SPPs of development and you've got Block and Tackle - plus Av9 and TS to keep them on the pitch. I'd argue that until Chaos Warriors get to a similar level (51SPPs Block, MB, Claw, PO - and hence 50k more TV) they are actually the best killers available. If you haven't seen one in action try it out.

BTW Leader is good early on, but later you are generally cash rich so can afford all the rerolls needed. So you are looking at the 40k extra TV for a TRR vs Leader, against effectively losing a 30k skill - which to me seems a pretty even trade.

jigplumsOffline
Post subject: RE: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Sep 05, 2009 - 02:05 PM

yeah claw, mightyblow, piling on is a pretty nasty combo. piling on mighty blow is prety cool on there own, my mummies in my undead have got 18 cas between them in 5 games, after both taking piling on as there first skill.
having played against rotters, disturbing presense really appeals to me, however i think it is definately best in multiples. if i ever got 2 doubles in the same game[unlikely on the chaos dwarves] then i think i probably would

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Sep 05, 2009 - 06:20 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
There are some doubles where if you are going to take it you want to take a lot of it. Dodge on teams without AG access is one (since one or two dodge players just attract opponent tackle) DP and Foul appearance are the same. Really though if you want a DP/FA team then play rotters Very Happy

jigplumsOffline
Post subject: RE: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Sep 07, 2009 - 02:18 AM

yeah, although one of my mates is doing rotters, and i dont wanna steal his thunder by doing them as well. I'm going to try to make sure i have variety in my teams so will probably develop them in pairs, i.e. 2 claws, the 2 foul appearence, etc....

got a double for my mino last night, yeah block

jigplumsOffline
Post subject: RE: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Apr 08, 2010 - 05:26 PM

this team still hasn't managed to get its next double on a cd, although "the claw" has now reach 10 cas mark and is within spitting distance of getting either piling on or frenzy.
im also through to the quarter finals of the chaos cup, if i win more mutations will be cropping up. Im thinking extra arms on a bull centaur and then prehaps claw of the mino and a prehensial tail on a cd[prehaps the claw Smile]

jigplumsOffline
Post subject: RE: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Apr 08, 2010 - 05:27 PM

also we have updated to LRB6

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: chaos dwarf doubles[lrb5]  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2010 - 05:36 AM

Being that I suggest to start Chaos Dwarfs with 4 rerolls, Leader is a terrible choice in my eyes.

Jon

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic