NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 18, 2024 - 05:14 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Take one for the team rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject: Preliminary information - World Cup II  PostPosted: Dec 16, 2009 - 06:20 AM

Undisclosed
I have been waiting for certain events to transpire before making an official announcement but at the President's direction, I want to let everyone know of the following:

1. I have been asked to head a committee to explore and recommend to the Executive Staff sites and packages for the second NAF World Cup. To this end, I have asked several NAF members to join me in this task and I will publish a complete list of the site selection committee once individuals have replied with their acceptance or refusal;
2. The second NAF World Cup will be held in October 2011 and the committee will be examining requests from all country delegations who wish to be the host country for the WCII;
3. The decision of where to hold the second NAF World Cup will be made not later than March 2010 in order to give delegates time to prepare and teams to organize;
4. If possible, preference will be given to those countries who do not already host a major Bloodbowl tournament, although should the committee determine that said countries bid is the best value for the membership, such will be the recommmendation. With this, bids from France, Spain, Italy, Holland and other Eurobowl teams will be given the closest regard;
5. Announcements regarding tournament organization, team size, scoring, etc. will follow, however those wishing to enter the NAF World Cup II may operate assuming the same basic operational rules as were in effect for the premiere World Cup in 2007;
6. In considering a group's bid for the second NAF World Cup, I strongly encourage organizers to consider:
a. location, location, location - this will be the single biggest expense and the organizing group should consider the logistics of hosting a tournament for up to 400 coaches;
b. travel to and from the tournament site;
c. meals and the logistics of feeding up to 400 coaches;
d. availability of lodging, either on site or nearby - reasonably priced and good value for traveling coaches.

More updates will follow and I will be posting further information over the holiday period - thanks to all those who have expressed interest and excitement for our second ever World Cup event!

Should you have any questions, please PM me at this time - I am traveling for work and have limited ability to respond to emails. Thank you and good luck!

Jim Lanier
Old Man Monkey

Reply with quote Back to top
Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject: RE: Preliminary information - World Cup II  PostPosted: Mar 07, 2010 - 07:24 AM

Undisclosed
As mentioned in the forum in answer to Valen's question, here is the most recent information:

1. to date, I have received three serious bids: two from France, one from Italy;

2. I have asked the following NAF members to be part of the evaluation group: LouisX, Longshot, Aramil, Panico, Dutch Dave, and Norse. There will be at least two others added to the group, which also includes our President Lycos and Treasurer-elect Geggster;

3. It could be possible to have an 'early' signing on period for those teams which attended the first WC - there would have to be a stipulation that at least four/five of the original six members are part of the group, but it may be possible;

4. We look to make the choice still at the end of March but should an added week or two become needed, I ask for your patience.

PugOffline
Post subject: RE: Preliminary information - World Cup II  PostPosted: May 04, 2010 - 07:10 PM

Undisclosed
@ 4)................It's now May.................??

Wooden Spoon - Alba Bowl 2010(?)
Total Spanner - Dobby Bowl 2013
Stunty Cup - Brewerz Bowl 2011,2012

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject: RE: Preliminary information - World Cup II  PostPosted: May 05, 2010 - 07:05 AM

Undisclosed
Yes, there were three very late proposals which suddenly appeared and have stretched things out some. My apologies, I had hoped to have this done before my May travel schedule kicked in, but it is not to be...

It is clear that the tournament will
a. be held in Europe, with France, Italy and GW Headquarters the leading candidates....
b. immediately following the TD election, we should be able to finalize this decision and post for all to plan towards.

Again, my apologies for this decision being tardy - all will resolve soon.

Jim L.
Old Man Monkey

beasoOffline
Post subject: RE: Preliminary information - World Cup II  PostPosted: May 22, 2010 - 06:00 AM

Any news yet or are we going to have to wait for the TD election?

Darkson
Post subject: Re: RE: Preliminary information - World Cup II  PostPosted: May 22, 2010 - 10:08 PM

Undisclosed
      Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
b. immediately following the TD election, we should be able to finalize this decision and post for all to plan towards.

Reading is a wonderful thing...

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

HangusOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Preliminary information - World Cup II  PostPosted: May 24, 2010 - 04:13 AM

Undisclosed

But Reading is not a wonderful place.

ColinOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Preliminary information - World Cup II  PostPosted: May 24, 2010 - 10:35 AM

Try Dorking then. Wink

mrschutteOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Preliminary information - World Cup II  PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 06:06 AM

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:

When is/was the TD election? We are now in late- July. I do not check the forums here as regular as some of you. Embarassed

Help the uninformed out.

nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 06:24 AM
Mekboy

http://www.thenaf.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4406&start=90

My Tournament Record

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic