NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 29, 2024 - 08:14 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Undead team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LycosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 15, 2011 - 01:43 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
I will add that had we got a North American bid this year, it would have been very seriously considered. But one did not come forward.

Valen's points above are correct though.
"If you run a team event that pulls in over 150 guys from all over America, then all of a sudden, the NAF can see there is the demand for the world cup to come over there.

I think the main worry for people for having it in the US/Canada, is that you only get 10 teams from north america and because the European following will drop (for the same reasons you cant get alot of teams over here) we get a world cup of under 200, that isnt what people want."

But we do need to get it out of Europe at some point.

Reply with quote Back to top
GlowwormOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 02:26 AM

Undisclosed
      beaso wrote:
I agree with Vegas as possible destination for WCIII. But according to the numbers we might have to think about having it in Australia!!!!!! It will be summer.

...and like the FIFA change it to a "winter" World Cup if its to hot for us Pomme's Laughing

My vote is Southern hemisphere. Someones always got to travel a large distance to play in it, its been on this side of the water twice now, a little balance must be applied.

I take the point about the number of US & Canadian teams, but i suggest that the "lack" of uptake (no disrespect intended) is due in part to the cost of travel..

And before anyone asks, yes I would plan to attend Cool

(if its the weekend after the ashes in Australia we can almost gaurantee Lycos will be in attendance, whip em at cricket & BB, must be close to Dave's idea of heaven Laughing )

lunchmoneyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2011 - 01:54 AM

England
      glowworm wrote:
(if its the weekend after the ashes in Australia we can almost gaurantee Lycos will be in attendance, whip em at cricket & BB, must be close to Dave's idea of heaven Laughing )

Does it for me too Smile

Last edited by lunchmoney on Jan 17, 2011 - 11:41 AM; edited 1 time in total

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2011 - 02:33 AM

United States of America
Having a WC in the US is not the lack of US teams it would be the lack of non-North American teams.
Think about this the largest number of teams allowed this year is 8 by France which is 48 coaches. You might get 3 if it was in the US. Yes attendance would be lower only because the Europeans would fail to travel. So you hold it in Europe because Europeans do not want to travel? (not every European coach just a majority)(and before you even think about starting on you having to do a little train ride or airline hop just turn it around and put it away. If you fly from NA or AUS, it is WAY WAY different)

SebcoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2011 - 02:18 PM

France
      daloonieshaman wrote:
Yes attendance would be lower only because the Europeans would fail to travel. So you hold it in Europe because Europeans do not want to travel?

As Lycos said, WC II takes place in Europe because the 4 WC bids were in Europe, not because of a NAF willpower to have it in Europe.

Concerning the number of European coaches who would attend a WC in North America, well, I think the best way to know that number is to have the WC III in North America. Wink

Bowl des Neiges XIX : 2022 february 26th & 27th

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic