NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 11:54 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You don't know Borak! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Chaos Pact Team Advice  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2008 - 08:44 AM

Canada
Wow, one helluva game last night!

The game was against very developed Pro Elf team. turns out the TV difference was 500,000 on the nose, so I could not resist the choices that were staring me in the face and so hired Morg and Ulgroth Bulgrot (the orc chainsaw)! Take that you panzees!

So going into the game my team looked like this:

1- Ogre
2- Troll (Grab)
4 - Journeyman
5 - Dark Elf (block)
6 - Marauder
7 - Marauder (block)
8 - Journeyman
9 - Marauder
10 - Marauder
11 - Marauder
12 - Skaven extra arms
FF2
Apothecary

Inducements:
Morg 'n' Thorg
Ulgroth Bulgrot

I won the kick off and so put the chainsaw on hoping for a long, drawn out drive in which I could use the chainsaw to maximum effectiveness and cut the elves to little pieces. While the drive did end on turn 7 it was him that scored and the chainsaw had only managed to stun a couple of times and failed outright a couple, more. Disappointing.... The dark elf had a good opportunity to set up a nice cage by passing the ball to the skaven but refused, the skaven would later repart that grudge. Ont he plus side, my marauder with block did manage to casualty out one of his blitzers (a broken neck, -1AG no less!) and a foul put another one out of the game. No matter though- he had two reserves....

The second half started with me at a 1-0 defecit and me kicking to him. I left Morg off the line as a safety and he left my big guys out of TZs to avoid them. Lucky me then rolling a Blitz! on the kick off table and now being able to use the BGs to cause havoc. The ball ws also destined to land near the LOS so the extra arms skaven moved to receive.

The drive saw him have far less luck in the first half. Some timely failed dodge rolls gave me possession of the ball and an early KO gave me the man advantage. I had some golden scoring opportunities, only needing a 3+ pick up (from a maruader) and a 2+ hand off (to the skaven) and I would have scored, but failed couple of turns in a row. Finally I did get the ball to the rat, who ran, but having already used the reroll was too shy to make the GFI to score figuring he was safe. I had underestimated the risks that my oppoent was willing to take, and the rat was blitzed onto his behind and the ball was moved back upfield (I hate when I do that!). The clock was running out and th elves were looking to clinch the game, but a pass to a NOS catcher went past a marauder in 2 TZs. No matter, a '6' always works, and that is what I rolled! Clear of the players, hand off to the dark elf who can get it back to the skaven and we tie. But the dark elf could not hold onto it. Another scramble, elves got the ball again, made he pass (I mean I couldn't intercept the ball in two consecutive turns, could I?) Interception - this time by one of the journeymen. We still have a chance! Manage to get the dark elf the ball, the skaven dodges out of his TZ to wait in the end zone (at this point I envision the dark elf cruelly refusing to pass the ball and leaving the skaven in a prime location for a crowd push!), but the skaven failed his dodge and I was still vulnerable.

The elves pushed back again and luckily they only pushed. the dark elf was still on his feet, and soon so was the skaven and moving unhindered into the endzone. The dark elf dodged away, agreed to pass (on a roll of 2 - passes, but grudgingly) the pass was good, the catch was made and it was all tied up, and with that the game was over.

So after the game I was sitting at 100,000 in the treasury and desperately wanting to buy the minotaur and have the chance to field the three BGs. However, the journeyman who got the interception also got the MVP and so I figure I would be a fool to not buy a skilled marauder for 50K.

Seems that intereception make for good marauders as the other inercepting marauder (who, incidentally was also the one who casualtied the blitzer) got skills.

Both players got regular skills.

I was kind of thinking of going with extra arms for the journeyman guy as I would like to have a more dedicated passer who will not have animsosity. It also fits in with how he got his skill!

The other guy I am consider block for. Claw seemed an interesting idea given some of the higher armour teams ou there, but without block he just seems like too much of an easy target. My final thought for him was wrestle. There are a few developed teams out there, and lots of blodgers - could be useful to have at least one wrestler. Also, my team is Slannesh themed, so "wrestling" leads to hilarious connotations!

Any thoughts?

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Chaos Pact Team Advice  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2008 - 11:57 AM

United States of America
How about giving the Journeyman pass block or nerves of steel considering his path to glory

the other linemen with a normal skill: Strip ball or claws
you should always have one player with strip ball cause all you need is a push to pop the ball loose then you do fancy stuff with the elf and get the ball under control

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Chaos Pact Team Advice  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2008 - 04:53 PM

Sweden
I like the interception maina, i had a simulary match a couple of nights ago when Mighty Zug gladly intercepted two in arrow Smile

Hmmm, after som thinking i would probebly try to go with the strip ball/Jugernaut combination....

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Chaos Pact Team Advice  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2008 - 06:11 PM

Canada
In retrospect I think that the other marauder will get the extra arms, as he has 12 SPPs right now, so he is closer to the next skill which will make him a really useful player with Extra Arms and then Pass or Accurate.

Strip ball is a good skill, but would rather get it as a second skill after block or wrestle. Actually with wrestle and then Strip Ball he will be a ball-extracting expert! (no pun intended given the Slannesh team!) Laughing

smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 14, 2008 - 10:10 PM

I suggest this game shows that the Dark Elf Renegade and the Skaven Linerat should not really be used as Runners/Passers (because of Animosity).

I suggest one or two Marauders should be developed as Runners/Passers (they can combine Passing skills with appropriate mutations). Instead, all 3 Renegade players could be developed as Blitzers, as they each have special attributes for this task (AG4, or MA7 or Stunty/Dodge). How about:

Dark Elf Renegade with Horns, Leap, Very Long Legs (leaps into a cage at ST4 on a 2+).

Skaven Linerat with Horns, Two Heads (dodges on 2+, blitzes at ST4).

Gobbo with Horns, Two Heads (waltzes into a cage at 2+ and blitzes at ST3). He could be thrown when the ball is deep in the opponent's half (Jump Up would help here).

This is just a suggestion. Hope it helps.

Smeborg

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 15, 2008 - 07:56 AM

Canada
      smeborg wrote:
Dark Elf Renegade with Horns, Leap, Very Long Legs (leaps into a cage at ST4 on a 2+).

I really like the sounds of that one! He has block already, but may look to horns or leap as his next skill!

PubBowlerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 15, 2008 - 08:17 AM

Glasgow UK
      Spazzfist wrote:
      smeborg wrote:

I really like the sounds of that one! He has block already, but may look to horns or leap as his next skill!

If we're planning ahead, he'll probably need Wrestle, Strip Ball & Tackle once he's got there.

omegonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2011 - 04:22 AM

Denmark

If you woud really like a dependable passer I do not understand why you want eks arms. I do get that you would like to pick it up more easily, but the opportunity that you get with building a marauder passer is just staring you in the face:

Pass, Acurate, Strong Arm

They are all normal skill-up for at marauder, and now he is one of the best passer builds you can get in the game. I can only reccomend to develop a marauder in this direction.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic