NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 05:33 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
This happened to me only yesterday rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
runejackOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Dark Elves in Resurrection Tourneys  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2011 - 04:08 AM

The feedback I'm getting here is golden! Thank you!

So I think I've narrowed my choices down to three favourite lists. I'd love to hear some more comments!

List one:

4 Blitzers (3 Dodge)
2 Witch elves (Block and Wrestle)
1 Runner (leader)
4 Line Elves
2 Rerolls
1 Apothecary

List two:

4 Blitzers (3 Dodge and 1 Tackle, Leap, or more Dodge)
2 Witch Elves (Wrestle/Block and Wrestle)
5 Line Elves
3 Rerolls
1 Fan Factor

List Three:

4 Blitzers (2 Dodge, Tackle or Dodge, Strip Ball or Dodge)
1 Witch Elf (Wrestle)
1 Runner (Leader)
5 Line Elves (Kick/Block and Dodge)
2 Rerolls
1 Apothecary

I just can't see playing in a tournament with less than 3 rerolls using Dark Elves. Am I being silly?

I like the utility of 8 skills on an 11 player roster like list three shows. I also like the idea of 5-6 blodger/wrodgers. Which one wins out? 1, 2, 3 or 4) none of the above??

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Dark Elves in Resurrection Tourneys  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2011 - 04:12 AM

I really like going reroll heavy with teams, though dark elves can get away with 2, especially if you take dodge on a couple and have dodge on the witches already

you just have to be more selective about using rerolls

I wouldn't bother with leap or kick though, you will get far more use out of other skills over the length of the match, one witch is also an option, I think at this point now it is down to personal preferences and you should play some practice games with the rosters

Jon

runejackOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Dark Elves in Resurrection Tourneys  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2011 - 08:29 AM

Grumbledook wrote:
I really like going reroll heavy with teams, though dark elves can get away with 2, especially if you take dodge on a couple and have dodge on the witches already

you just have to be more selective about using rerolls

I wouldn't bother with leap or kick though, you will get far more use out of other skills over the length of the match, one witch is also an option, I think at this point now it is down to personal preferences and you should play some practice games with the rosters

I thought I'd revisit this thread to give it a bit of closure on the results.

I decided to bend mostly to the majority of the feedback I received. My roster:

4 Blitzers - 3 with dodge, 1 with tackle
2 Witch Elves - block and wrestle
1 runner with leader
4 linemen - 1 with kick
1 reroll, 1 fan factor, 1 apothecary

What would be my random first opponent? A Dwarf team with a very competent coach. He had a lineup that included no runners. It was something like:
2 blitzers - sure hands and guard
2 trollslayers - mighty blow
7 or 8 blockers - 3? guard, 4 mighty blow
3? rerolls

I couldn't have asked for a worse match up as he stole my dodge advantage and laughed at my tackle. I still came reasonably close to a tie or a win, but in the end we were outmatched and outplayed. Having a couple more reolls would have left me feeling more comfortable doing more risky plays without feeling like it was all or nothing. I can't help but feel that is the big reason to try and take as many as possible.

I ended up 2 - 2 - 2 with my other loss being a major butt kicking against Nurgle, but also the game I enjoyed the most and learned the most from. My two ties were both games where we didn't finish due to time.

What I hope to take into my next tourney?
1. Make a roster that beats my hardest opponents, as the easier opponents tend to just work themselves out.
2. More rerolls.
3. 1 witch elf, potentially 0 runners.
4. Consider asking all my opponents if they wouldn't mind playing with a timer (the slow matches were not all my fault, but a timer would equalise it for both of us.)

I had a lot of fun and once again appreciate the advice I read here.

Joel

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic