NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 07:03 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
My Rat Ogre is not a WIld Animal rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
runejackOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Dark Elves in Resurrection Tourneys  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2011 - 04:08 AM

The feedback I'm getting here is golden! Thank you!

So I think I've narrowed my choices down to three favourite lists. I'd love to hear some more comments!

List one:

4 Blitzers (3 Dodge)
2 Witch elves (Block and Wrestle)
1 Runner (leader)
4 Line Elves
2 Rerolls
1 Apothecary

List two:

4 Blitzers (3 Dodge and 1 Tackle, Leap, or more Dodge)
2 Witch Elves (Wrestle/Block and Wrestle)
5 Line Elves
3 Rerolls
1 Fan Factor

List Three:

4 Blitzers (2 Dodge, Tackle or Dodge, Strip Ball or Dodge)
1 Witch Elf (Wrestle)
1 Runner (Leader)
5 Line Elves (Kick/Block and Dodge)
2 Rerolls
1 Apothecary

I just can't see playing in a tournament with less than 3 rerolls using Dark Elves. Am I being silly?

I like the utility of 8 skills on an 11 player roster like list three shows. I also like the idea of 5-6 blodger/wrodgers. Which one wins out? 1, 2, 3 or 4) none of the above??

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Dark Elves in Resurrection Tourneys  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2011 - 04:12 AM

I really like going reroll heavy with teams, though dark elves can get away with 2, especially if you take dodge on a couple and have dodge on the witches already

you just have to be more selective about using rerolls

I wouldn't bother with leap or kick though, you will get far more use out of other skills over the length of the match, one witch is also an option, I think at this point now it is down to personal preferences and you should play some practice games with the rosters

Jon

runejackOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Dark Elves in Resurrection Tourneys  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2011 - 08:29 AM

Grumbledook wrote:
I really like going reroll heavy with teams, though dark elves can get away with 2, especially if you take dodge on a couple and have dodge on the witches already

you just have to be more selective about using rerolls

I wouldn't bother with leap or kick though, you will get far more use out of other skills over the length of the match, one witch is also an option, I think at this point now it is down to personal preferences and you should play some practice games with the rosters

I thought I'd revisit this thread to give it a bit of closure on the results.

I decided to bend mostly to the majority of the feedback I received. My roster:

4 Blitzers - 3 with dodge, 1 with tackle
2 Witch Elves - block and wrestle
1 runner with leader
4 linemen - 1 with kick
1 reroll, 1 fan factor, 1 apothecary

What would be my random first opponent? A Dwarf team with a very competent coach. He had a lineup that included no runners. It was something like:
2 blitzers - sure hands and guard
2 trollslayers - mighty blow
7 or 8 blockers - 3? guard, 4 mighty blow
3? rerolls

I couldn't have asked for a worse match up as he stole my dodge advantage and laughed at my tackle. I still came reasonably close to a tie or a win, but in the end we were outmatched and outplayed. Having a couple more reolls would have left me feeling more comfortable doing more risky plays without feeling like it was all or nothing. I can't help but feel that is the big reason to try and take as many as possible.

I ended up 2 - 2 - 2 with my other loss being a major butt kicking against Nurgle, but also the game I enjoyed the most and learned the most from. My two ties were both games where we didn't finish due to time.

What I hope to take into my next tourney?
1. Make a roster that beats my hardest opponents, as the easier opponents tend to just work themselves out.
2. More rerolls.
3. 1 witch elf, potentially 0 runners.
4. Consider asking all my opponents if they wouldn't mind playing with a timer (the slow matches were not all my fault, but a timer would equalise it for both of us.)

I had a lot of fun and once again appreciate the advice I read here.

Joel

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic